5

( CHANGELINGS )

      "You've been following me since Lincoln." Sam says.

      "Not much gets by you, huh? Saw your little girlfriend walking into a clothing store. I guess she ran out of panties." The woman, Ruby, takes a plate, squirts a mound of ketchup into it, and starts eating his fries. "These are amazing. it's like deep-fried crack. Try some."

      "That knife you had. You can kill demons with that thing?" Sam asks.

      Ruby continues eating. "Sure comes in handy when I have to swoop in and save the damsel in distress."

      "Where did you get it?" Sam asks.

      "Skymall."

      "Why are you following me?" Sam asks.

      "I'm interested in you." Ruby says.

      "Why?" Sam asks. "I have a girlfriend."

      "Because you're tall. And I love a tall man. And then there's the whole antichrist thing." Ruby says.

      "Excuse me?" Sam asks.

      "Generation of psychic kids, yellow-eyed demon rounds you up, celebrity death match ensues. You're the sole survivor."

      "How do you know about that?" Sam asks.

      "I'm a good hunter." Ruby says. "So, yellow eyes had some pretty big plans for you, Sam."

      "'Had' being the key word." Sam says.

      "Oh, yeah, yeah, yeah. That's right. Ding-dong, the demon's dead. Good job with that. It doesn't change the fact that you're special... in that Anthony Michael Hall E.S.P. visions kind of way." Ruby says.

      Sam looks at her firmly. "No. That's stuff's not happening anymore. Not since Yellow-Eyes died." He says.

      "Well, I'm thinking you're still a pretty big deal. I mean, after all that business with your mom." Ruby says.

      "What about my mom?"

      "You know, what happened to her friends." Ruby watches his attempted poker face. "You... don't know. You've got a little bit of catching up to do, my friend. So, why don't you look into your mom's pals, and then give me a call and we'll talk again? And, by the way, you do know there's a job in this town,right?"

MOTEL ROOM
[ ☼ ]

      Sam and Elena are about to walk into the Motel room when she stops him. "Hey. What's up with you?"

      "Nothing." Sam says.

      "I just feel like you're not telling me something." Elena says.

      Sam turns the doorknob. "I'm just really tired, that's all." He says. They walk in and see Dean. "Hello."

      "Dude, there is a job here." Dean says to Sam.

      "Really?"

     "Yeah. You know that one freak accident we read about in the paper?" Dean asks. "There's four more that never even made the paper, all in this Morning Hill gated community. People falling off of ladders and drowning in their jacuzzis all over the neighborhood."

      "That is weird." Elena says.

      "Yeah, something's up. Something these nice, big gates can't protect them from."