22

( A VERY SUPERNATURAL CHRISTMAS )

ONE YEAR AGO

HOUSE CHRISTMAS
[ ☾]

      The living room is decorated for Christmas. The doorbell rings and a boy opens the door. "Merry Christmas, Grandpa." He says.

      "Oh, Merry Christmas to you too, Stevie." He hugs his grandson tight and comes inside.

      "Did you bring me any presents?" Stevie asks.

      "Now, why would I want to do that?"

      "Cause it's Christmas." Stevie says.

      "Oh, I thought Santa Claus brought the presents at Christmas. You have been a good boy this year, haven't you?" Grandpa asks.

      "I have, I swear."

      "Well, then, who knows? Maybe he'll come." Says Grandpa.

      Later, Grandpa is dressing as Santa next to the Christmas tree. He puts on a fake beard and Santa's hat and jingles some bells.

      Stevie walks part of the way down the stairs and watches Santa/Grandpa take presents out of a big red bag. "Santa!" He whispers. Santa/Grandpa is still taking presents from his bag when suddenly thumping sounds come from the roof. "Reindeer!"

      Santa/Grandpa looks confused, but returns his attention to his bag. More sounds are heard, like someone is walking on the roof. He looks up, but the sounds stop again. Ash falls from the chimney into the fireplace.

      He investigates while Stevie watches from the staircase. Suddenly hands grab Grandpa and pull him up the chimney. He screams.

      "Santa?" One of Grandpa's boots falls from the chimney, with bloodstains on it.

YPSILANTI, MICHIGANPRESENT DAY

YPSILANTI, MICHIGAN
PRESENT DAY

HOUSE
[ ☼ ]

      A girl is looking outside through the glass door and a woman stands outside, being interviewed. "Um, my daughter and I were in our beds. Mike was downstairs decorating the tree. I heard a thump on the roof and then I heard Mike scream, and now I'm talking to the FBI."

      "And you didn't see any of it?" Dean asks.

      "No, he was... he was just gone."

      "The doors were locked? There was no forced entry?" Dean asks.

      "That's right."

      "Does anybody else have a key?" Dean asks.

      "My parents."