His Butler, Omnipotent (part 2)

A/N

What's up guys! So when we left off, Sebastian was asking Ciel to dance, so he could teach him how. Claire was wondering if they forgot she was there, since it would make more sense for her to teach him instead of Sebastian. Let's find out.

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*

Sebastian and Ciel were facing each other now.

"Let's begin. To lead, you start the first step on your heel. Be sure to keep your hand firmly on the lady's back. When the music starts, lead with your left foot. Now", Sebastian instructed. I felt really out of place watching them and I could tell Ciel felt uncomfortable too. They began to dance. "Next, we'll try a natural turn. Slide your foot forward like this."

Ciel accidentally kicked Sebastian and they stopped. Sebastian sighed.

"Your naturally ability for dancing isn't so much lacking as it is nonexistent, my lord. You cannot simply cling for dear life onto your dance partner", Sebastian said. Ciel looked up.

"You're too tall! It's not working!", Ciel said. Sebastian began to move Ciel's cheeks with his hands.

"Most importantly, you need to wipe that gloomy look off of your face. The lady will take it as an insult. Now, let's have a smile. Pretend that it's fun!", Sebastian said. Ciel slapped his hands away.

"Let me go!", Ciel said. Sebastian pulled back and looked shocked.

"Master...", he said. Ciel turned away.

"I can't smile...I forgot how...I don't know how to pretend that I'm having fun...not anymore", Ciel said while gently touching his sapphire blue ring.

He looks so depressed...

I decided to try to comfort him. I walked over to him and put a hand on his shoulder.

"Are you alright, Ciel?", I asked. My voice was dripping with worry. He looked a bit startled when I touched him, but looked up at me calmly.

"I'm fine", he said.

No you're not...

Without thinking, I hugged Ciel gently. He stiffened up as I hugged him.

"...No, you're not", I said quietly.

"You don't believe it when your master tells you nothing is wrong?", he asked. I hugged him a little tighter.

"...Not this time", I said. I felt Ciel take in a sharp breath, like a gasp. After a moment, Ciel hesitantly hugged me back. "You're hurting. I can see it. I know what it's like. You can tell me."

He held me a little tighter and we stayed like that for awhile, until Sebastian cut in.

"Pardon the interruption, but we need to continue our lesson, my lord", he said. Ciel and I separated. Sebastian turned to me. "Claire, perhaps you should go help Lady Elizabeth prepare."

"Yes, sir", I said and reluctantly left the room. I looked around the manor for awhile until I found Lizzie and the other servants in the main room. Grell was standing in front of a mirror.