His Butler, Training (part 2)

From where Ciel, Sebastian, and I were, we could hear the others calling Angela's name repeatedly. They were all trying hard to find her. Out of the blue, we heard Mey-Rin scream, so we picked up our pace. Leaving Sebastian and Ciel behind so I could catch up to the others, I ran to where the others were. I was greeted by a field with arms and legs stuck out of the ground. The limbs were all grey and dried up.

"Wh-What are those?", Bard asked. Mey-Rin squealed.

"Another thrilling scene the very next morning!", she said. While looking around, we all noticed a right hand that looked fresher with a silver ring on its middle finger. The crest had the letter B on it.

"Say, isn't that ring...", Finny started.

"...Lord Henry's?", we all finished together. Then we heard a dog's howl. We all ran and hid behind a nearby rock. When we peeked out from behind the rock, we saw a naked man with sharp black nails, red eyes, and silver hair.

"Who's that?", Mey-Rin whispered as the man approached the mound of dirt with Lord Henry's and other people's limbs in the field. The man sniffed Lord Henry's hand, picked it up, moved it to a different spot on the mound, and sniffed it again.

"That arm... It wasn't the demon hound who killed Lord Henry after all. So it was a human?", Bard said. Mey-Rin began bleeding from her nose and covered it.

"Wh-What a thrilling lower body!", Mey-Rin said. Ignoring Mey-Rin, Bard continued.

"Has he got some sort of grudge against Lord Henry?", Bard asked no one in particular.

"Could Angela have asked him to do it?", Mey-Rin asked. As much as the evidence we had and the information we knew said otherwise, it wouldn't have surprised me if she had. Bard looked down at her.

"Huh? Why should Angela do that?", Bard asked. Finny stood up defensively.

"He's right!", Finny said. We all looked at him, knowing he'd basically just blown our cover.

"Finny!", Bard said.

"Angela has nothing to do with it! You shouldn't suspect people!", Finny continued.

"Shh!", we all said with a finger to our lips. Finny's eyes widened as he covered his mouth, realizing what he did. I looked at the man and saw his head turn in our direction as he sniffed the air and licked his lips. Finny took in a sudden breath as if remembering something as the ground started to shake beneath our feet. We looked to our right and saw a huge cloud of dust coming our way. Basically the whole village came running towards us in swimsuits. They stopped in front of us.

"What are you guys doin' dressed like that?", Bard asked.

"We're all going to stand under the waterfall to ease the demon hound's wrath", a man said.

"The great demon hound's voice echoed in the air last night!", an old woman said.

"He howled all night long", another man said. Mey-Rin tilted her head.

"Howled?", she said. I remembered the sounds I heard the night before and how I had pieced together that it was Finny based on the information I had. Then Finny looked around. I followed his gaze and realized that the man was gone. Finny gritted his teeth and ran off.

"Hey, Finny, wait!", Bard said as we ran after him. I could hear the villagers begin their stretches behind us.

We ran through the fog after Finny until we reached the remains of an old stone building. We stopped in front of the building and heard another howl.

"Th-This voice...", Finny said and we faced thick fog, and watched it clear, and a giant grey wolf creature was revealed. It opened its mouth slightly and fire sat in its mouth.