His Butler, Engaging Servants (part 2)

A/N
What's up guys!! I decided to update a little early this time! And, I changed the cover. What do you guys think? Is it good or bad? Tell me what you think.

Anyway, enjoy!

------------------------------

~~Claire's POV~~

Sebastian led me to Ciel's study door after getting a tray of food from the kitchen and I looked up at him with confusion. He knew how things were right now. In response to my look, he only smiled.

I feel like he's planning something....

I took a deep breath and faced the door before Sebastian opened it.

"Young master, I've brought you some company", he said. Ciel jumped ever so slightly and his house of cards he appeared to have been working on collapsed. He sighed and looked up at us.

"Sebastian! What is it? I don't need company", he said.

"Lady Elizabeth is here as well", Sebastian said.

"When did she get here?", he asked, sounding a bit annoyed. "She really needs to send over a footmen with word next time." He sighed again and glanced at me before looking at Sebastian. "Why did you really bring her here?"

"My lord, maybe you should teach Claire to play chess", Sebastian suggested. I stiffened a bit.

"Chess?", he asked.

"Yes", Sebastian nodded. "A lady who can't play chess isn't worth her salt these days it would seem. Claire needs a teacher, so why not her fiancé?" Ciel looked over at me and I tensed a bit more before looking away.

"Sebastian, get us a chessboard", Ciel said after a moment of silence. Sebastian smiled.

"Yes, my lord", he replied. He helped me to a chair in another room to sit, even though I continued to insist I thought I could walk there myself. Ciel sat down across from me as Sebastian left the room. I kept my gaze on my hands in my lap, but I could feel his gaze on me as if he was thinking something over. Before I could ask about it, however, Sebastian returned with the chessboard.

Ciel began to set up the pieces as he explained. "There are sixty-four squares on this chessboard", he said. "You move your color's pieces one at a time, and checkmate your opponent's king before he gets yours." Ciel and I jumped in surprise as Sebastian suddenly started playing the violin beside us. Ciel glared at him a bit and stood up from his chair. "Just what are you trying to do?!"

So this was your intention, Sebastian.

"It's not that bad...", I said quietly. Ciel looked over towards me and his expression relaxed a bit before he let out a breath and sat back down. I smiled a little.

"What?", he asked, having noticed my smile.

"W-Well, it's just been a while since we were able to spend time together like this. That's all...", I replied. He averted his eyes and I could swear I saw his cheeks turn slightly pink.

"I suppose it has...", he said before moving one of his chess pieces. "Here we go."

"Okay", I said before also moving a chess piece.

~~Third Person POV~~

Gunshots were heard often as the intruders shot at the servants of the Phantomhive manor. Mey-Rin had taken her glasses off and people were shooting at her, but she shot back as she jumped for cover behind a bush and then immediately jumped from that bush and continued shooting.