His Butler, Supremely Talented (part 2)

We were all in the drawing room. Soma, Lau, and Ciel were sitting in armchairs around a table while Sebastian stood to Ciel's right and I to his left. "Yes, Agni is a remarkable fighter, but this isn't a combat sport; it's a cooking competition", Ciel pointed out.

"That's my point", Soma said. "You don't know Agni's true power." Ciel looked over at Soma as Soma looked up, intrigued by his words. "You don't know true curry!"

"'True curry'?", Ciel questioned.

"The key to curry is the mixture of spices", Soma explained. "The possibilities are infinite. Choosing the best combination among them is an extremely difficult task. It's like trying to find one truth in a vast universe. But Agni can do it. He creates worlds out of nothingness. His power is on the same plane as the gods'. That's why the people have called him... the Godly Right Hand of Kali!" Soma sat back. "I've never tasted a curry more delicious than Agni's."

"I see", Lau said. "So his is the curry of Kali!" Lau laughed at his own words as Ciel looked up at Sebastian.

"You heard the man", he said. Sebastian smiled.

"Goodness gracious, he sounds like a challenge", Sebastian said.

"Take care of it", Ciel said before stretching once again. "Anyway, it's getting late. We should all be heading to bed." Ciel turned his gaze towards me. That statement was meant for me.

Sebastian bowed slightly. "Yes, my lord", he said. Ciel stood and looped our arms before looking to Lau and Soma.

"That includes the both of you, as well", he said. They nodded, most likely neither of them planning to follow that order. Ciel gently tugged my arm and led me towards the hallway. "We have something to discuss in private." I tensed a little, but continued to follow him to our room. My siblings were most likely in their rooms by this point, so I wouldn't have to explain that at least.

Once we got to our room, we changed into our night clothes and Ciel motioned me to sit beside him on the bed. I did as motioned to do and sat beside him.

We sat in silence for a bit before I spoke up. "So, you wanted to discuss something with me?", I asked. Ciel nodded.

"You got out of bed once I had dozed off, didn't you?", he asked. I hesitated before nodding, he wouldn't ask if he didn't know, after all. "I thought so. After you left, I stayed up and waited for you to return, but you didn't come back. I eventually decided to look for you in the manor, which is when I found you outside of Soma's room. What I'm getting around to is, what were you doing?"

"I was walking down the hallway and heard voices coming from Soma's room, so I stopped and took a look out of curiosity", I explained. He sighed.

"Not that. I meant, what were you doing after you got up?", he asked clearly. I looked down at the bed sheets, unsure of what to say.

"I was--"

The door to the room suddenly burst open and slammed shut as a figure rested against the door, panting. The light from the fire in the fire place and the candles around the room gave me enough light to see Kirā.

"Wait what?!", Ciel exclaimed, more surprised to see him than I. He stood up from the bed and began walking to Kirā with balled fists and a glare. "What the bloody hell are you doing here!?" He grabbed Kirā's collar and held him against the door while glaring daggers at him. "As if terrorizing her in Houndsworth wasn't enough, you're stalking us here, too!?"

Kirā raised his hands in a show of surrender. "My god, they weren't kidding when they said you'd be pissed to see me", he said.

"Damn right I'm pissed! Answer me!", Ciel said. I jumped up and rushed over to the two and placed a hand on Ciel's shoulder.