His Butler, Chance Encounter (part 2)

For the sake of those who have died...

I was pulled out of my thoughts by the same ear splitting noise from before. I turned and saw Grell chasing Sebastian with his scythe while Sebastian dodged every swing.

"Ah, yes! Run more! We'll play tag, Sebas-Chan!", Grell said. Sebastian did a few flips to keep from being pinned against a wall, but landed with his back facing Grell. Grell tried to take advantage of that opportunity, but Sebastian quickly turned around and caught the scythe's blade in his hands. However, in the end, Sebastian was pinned to a wall, holding the scythe a few inches from his head in the wall. The scythe was cutting through the stone with ease. Grell smiled. "Now, now, if you don't escape fast you'll get cut." The scythe began to tear through Sebastian's clothing. "It's so much more stimulating when it hurts a little, isn't it?"

Did I hear that right?

I was facing Madam Red with my back to the two divine beings. Madam Red smiled kindly as I starred at the ground sadly.

"We've now become a guard dog and his prey. If it's hunt or be hunted...", she said. I heard a metallic sound and looked to see that she had pulled out a dagger. She came running at me before I could react. "There's only one choice!"

I managed to dodge her attack, but not fully. She was able to cut my arm deeply. I gripped it and heard Sebastian gasp. I looked at Madam Red's back.

"You're a doctor! Why do this?!", I demanded.

"A kid like you would never understand even if I told him!", she said and flung around. She gripped me by the throat and slammed me into the wall where we were eye level. I desperately gasped for air.

"You...You...", she strengthened her grip on my throat and the dagger as she lifted it into the air. "You should never have been born!" I looked at her in disbelief and noticed her eyes widen slightly. She mumbled the word 'sister'.

"Young master!", I heard Sebastian yell and then there was the sound of someone being pierced. Sebastian appeared behind Madam Red, who had released my throat and was crying.

"Stop, Sebastian! Don't kill her!", I screamed just in time. He stopped. Madam Red took a couple steps back and dropped the dagger to the ground. I looked over at Sebastian, who was breathing heavily, as he gripped his freshly cut shoulder. I was in disbelief that he could be injured. Then again, he was cut by a grim reaper's scythe.

"Sebastian...", I said. I heard Grell laugh as he pulled his scythe from the wall and faced us.

"Oh, Sebas-Chan, you've got backbone. To think you'd sacrifice an arm to go save that kid... But how poorly you compare, Madam! Hurry up and kill the brat!", Grell said as he walked over to us. Madam Red looked up at me with tears in her eyes and streaming down her face.

"I loved my sister...I loved him...I loved their... I can't. I can't do it after all. I can't kill him", she said.

"You're saying that now? You've sliced so many women to bits! If you don't erase him, he'll erase you!", Grell said. I looked at her with sympathy and sadness.

"Madam...", I said.

"But... But...", she quickly turned to face Grell with tears still in her eyes. "This boy is my-"

Before she could finish her sentence, Grell pierced her with his scythe. Mine and Sebastian's eyes widened in shock.

"I'm disappointed in you, Madam Red! I have no interest in you if you're just another woman!", Grell said as she flew backwards from the impact. Before she could hit the ground, her body froze in midair and what looked to be film came from where she was cut. It looked liked memories were on the strands of films.

"This is...", Sebastian said in disbelief.

"Our job as grim reapers is to replay and examine the memories of those on the To-Die list distributed by the Powers that Be. We determine what kind of person they were, what kind of life they lived, whether they should be killed or left alive...", Grell said.

"In other words, you make their life flash before their eyes", Sebastian said. Grell didn't seem to like that.

"Ugh, don't call it something so dull! This is the grim reaper's true ability: dramatic pain. This is the Cinematic Record!", Grell said. A light flashed and Madam Red fell to the ground. Grell had seen her Cinematic Record. A final tear fell from her eye as she died.

"I loved you when you were dyed crimson with your victims' blood, Madam Red", Grell said to her corpse. I starred it in shock. Grell threw off his own coat and approached her corpse.

"I'm disappointed you turned out to be such a trite woman! You don't have what it takes to wear red." He pulled off her red coat and put it on. He picked his scythe back up. "Your cheap little melodrama ends now. Farewell, Madam." Grell began to walk away.

I approached the corpse and closed its eyes, still wet with tears.

"What are you doing, Sebastian?", I asked. His eyes opened a little wider. I was knelt down by the corpse. "I told you to put an end to Jack The Ripper. It's not over yet." Grell stopped in his tracks and I turned to Sebastian. "Don't dawdle. Hurry up and kill the other one!"

Sebastian smiled. "Very good, my lord", he said. Grell laughed.

"I was going to be nice and let you go, but if you insist, I'll send you both to heaven!", Grell said as he spun around to face us, scythe in hand. Sebastian dodged it easily.

"Heaven?", Sebastian smirked and moved, so fast no one could see him, behind Grell on a low roof top. Grell had a horrified look on his face. "Heaven and I are strangers." Grell slowly turned to face him just in time for him to see Sebastian try and kick him. Grell just barely dodged it.

"You just went after a lady's face! You're a fiend!", Grell screamed.

Lady? Grell is a man, as far as I can tell.

"Of course. You see, I am merely one hell of a butler", Sebastian said with a smirk.

"Do you think a demon can beat a divine being?", Grell said. It sounded almost like a challenge, which I would accept.

"An interesting question", Sebastian said and turned to me. "However, if my young master tells me to win, I shall win."

"You're quite keen on that puny little brat. I'm jealous. Even demons cease to exist if I reap them with my death scythe. Aren't you afraid?", Grell asked as the clouds covering the moon were blown away.

"Not in the least. I belong to my master body and soul, even down to the last hair on my head. As long as the contract is in effect, I follow his orders. That's the butler aesthetic, you see", Sebastian said. I watched impatiently. I wanted this define being, this grim reaper, dead. (T. A/N: Stuff is bout to go down.)(A/N: You could say that.)

After killing so many women, causing stress to the Queen, killing my aunt, and killing Claire...the girl I... ...he deserves to die!

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*

A/N

What's up guys! Sorry this chapter is so much shorter than the others. I couldn't really include what Grell saw in the Cinematic Record without changing to his POV and he's Grell (no office (T. A/N: *Offense. Do you even English?)(A/N: My bad. Stupid spell check. You're a blessing and a curse...) to all the Grell fangirls out there!!!). Anyway, I hope you liked this chapter. Don't forget to vote and comment!