His Butler, On Ice (part 2)

~~Ciel's POV~~ (T. A/N: Great way to start)(A/N: what do you know, a visit from Taylor1723. At least I knew who to start out with.)

"Judging a contest? Why him?", Ciel asked while still holding me in his grip away from Lord Druitt.

"Wasn't he arrested by the Yard for human trafficking?", Lau asked as Abberline glared at Lord Druitt.

"He was released the other ", he said. Ciel didn't look surprised, but he seemed a bit annoyed.

"Money, eh?", Ciel mumbled. Abberline walked towards the group of judges, including Lord Druitt.

"Excuse me, but Scotland Yard will be taking charge of this sculpture", he said, angering the bearded man.

"Absolutely not! This frost fair is a festival for the citizens. Even Scotland Yard can't ride roughshod over it!", the bearded man said as Lord Druitt stepped towards the sculpture, causing Ciel to pull me away from it more.

"Beauty is something to be admired", Lord Druitt said happily as he looked at me and then the others again. "You mean to violate this noble lady?"

"Hypocrite", Ciel stated under his breath. I couldn't help but wonder what he meant.

"If you insist on having her, offer something of suitable beauty", Lord Druitt said. The bearded man seemed to have calmed down now.

"Just what I would expect from Lord Druitt, lover of art, beauty, and food! He's quite right! If you want this sculpture, win it in the contest!", the bearded man said. Ciel smiled.

"I see, there's merit in that. The ring belongs to the winner. I like the simplicity of it", Ciel said. Abberline turned to him curiously.

"Ciel?", he asked. Ciel looked up at him.

"I'll get that ring", Ciel said plainly. Abberline looked a bit angered this.

"That's stolen property! And key evidence in the serial kidnappings of young girls!", Abberline states furiously. As soon as he realized what he had said, he covered his mouth and averted his eyes. Ciel smiled slightly in victory.

"Aha, I can see why the Yard would be searching so frantically for it", Ciel said calmly as Abberline removed his hand to speak again.

"But it's the truth that each owner of the ring disappears! It really is a cursed stone, but you're--"

"Cursed, eh?", Ciel interrupted and looked at his own ring with a smile. "Then it suits me all the more." The Undertaker turned to face Ciel and I.

"Come to think of it, I seem to recall your ring had a pretty blue stone", he said.

"Yes."

"You should take care. Diamonds are hard. But because they are hard, they are brittle. If you go too far, you may be shattered as well", the Undertaker said.

"What of it?", Ciel asked calmly. Then he looked at his ring and smirked. "This body and this ring..." He kissed the ring before continuing. "...have already been shattered and then reborn. I'm far past being afraid of shattering." I looked up and noticed Sebastian had switched from a frown to a smile on his face as Ciel turned to him. "Win the contest, Sebastian."

"Yes, my lord", Sebastian said. With that, we parted ways with the others and two officers stood guard by the sculpture. I looked over and noticed the same men from the bridge were standing close by. It didn't give me a very good feeling.

<Time Skip>

We stood in front of a stage with dark blue curtains and a sign above it that read 'Snow Festival'. Abberline and a couple of officers, Lau, Sebastian, and the men from before stood on the stage with the speaker.