Chapter One: Registration

"Jayden hurry, up we have registration today and we need to get up there before it’s packed." My best friend Angelique yelled. "I know, I can't decide what I want to wear for pictures this year, quick come help me." I yelled from upstairs. "We're going to be seniors this year and you're still having me dress you it’s pure insanity.” she said as she entered my room.

“You know me well enough to know that I always need someone else's opinion on what to wear. I mean I've needed help with that since we met in 5th grade!" I teased her. "Yeah I know that, but we're eighteen now I figured you'd grow up at some point." She laughed. "You should have known better than that." I smiled going back to my closet.

About that time my phone rang, "Hello, oh hey Rox, yeah we will be ready soon I'm trying to decide what to wear." I said throwing a few outfits on my bed. "Roxy tell Jay that she can dress herself I swear we go through this every year." Angel said taking the phone from me.

 “Oh Angel you better just give in and help her you should know by now that without us Jay would either go naked or dress like a hobo.” Roxy laughed. “Yea you’re probably right I better give you back to Jay then so I can go throw something together for her.” Angel said handing me the phone.

“You better be thankful you have friends who love you like we do.” Roxy said laughing. “I am thankful you guys know I’d be lost without you.” I replied watching Angel destroy my closet. “That’s an understatement.” Angel yelled from the depths of my closet.

 “Anyways if we can get past the rag on Jay time what did you need?” I asked Roxy between laughs. “Oh I was just going to see who was driving today or are we going separately?” she asked calming down.

“It doesn’t matter if we all want to go together I can just drive mom’s Envoy since she’s on the road with dad again.” I stated. “Ok that works I’ll call Ciara and have her come here so we don’t have as many trips to make.” Roxy said hanging up.

“So what was that all about?” Angel asked coming out of my now ravished closet holding some clothes. “She just wanted to know if we were all going to ride together or just meet up.” I replied looking at her curiously.

“Oh I have finally found you the perfect outfit for today, now put these on so we can get on the road.” She said tossing me the clothes. “Thank you girl, hey will you call Savanna and have her head this way so we don’t have to go out of our way since we’re going to Roxy’s.” I asked.

“Yea I can do that now hurry up.” She said leaving the room. I turned and started to separate the articles of clothing she handed me. “Wow where did these come from?” I asked myself looking at what I had.

It was a baby blue off the shoulder top with a pair of denim shorts that had baby blue and silver splashes of color. I put the clothes on and noticed she had even found a pair of open toed heels for me to wear.

As much as I hated wearing heels I decided it was a new year and a fresh start considering it was the first year of my high school career that I was single. I looked in the mirror before heading downstairs. I noticed how my silvery blue eyes were popping thanks to the colors in my outfit.

“I swear girl you should go to school for fashion because I look sexy.” I said laughing as I walked into the living room. “What can I say I have an eye for fashion and I know how to bring out people’s best features which for you has to be your crazy eyes and extremely long blonde hair.” Angel said as we headed out the door.

“I really appreciate it shit I didn’t even know I had these clothes.” I laughed. “You have a ton of nice clothes but for some reason you have shoved them all in the back of your closet.” she said laughing. “Yea well you know me a t-shirt and jeans kind of girl.” I said as Anna pulled up.