Chapter Twenty-Seven: Goodbye Daddy

“Jay hey wait you left this in the car.” Gavin said running after me with my purse in his hands. “Oh thanks I wouldn't be going anywhere without this.” I smiled. “You're welcome and I wanted to say that I had a great time seeing you again.” he winked. “Me too maybe we can have another run in before you go back home.” I grinned knowing it was a bad idea but I needed something to take me away from reality.

He pulled me to him and leaned down kissing me hard. “Until next time.” he grinned before running back to his mom's car. I waved as they pulled from the driveway then I turned and went into the house.

As soon as I made my way inside I started stripping out of my clothes heading upstairs straight to the bathroom. I had completely forgot about Nick until I heard someone come into the bathroom. I opened the curtain to see him standing there grinning.

“Hey stranger.” he smiled at me. “Hey you scared me.” I smiled back at him. “I figured you forgot about me coming over.” he smiled. “Yea I did but no worries I'll be out in a second I just needed a shower after being on that crowded plane.” I said closing the curtain.

“No problem I'll just go watch TV in the game room.” he said leaving the bathroom. As I took my shower I thought back to the plane ride and what happened between me and Gavin. I couldn't believe how much of Ellie I saw in him. Part of me ached to have another little Gavin but I knew that wasn't ever going to happen.

I decided that what happened on the plane was going to stay on the plane I couldn't tell anyone about it because I knew it would hurt Justin if he ever found out. I turned the water off and wrapped a towel around myself before walking downstairs to check on Nick.

“So how was your flight?” Nick asked as I plopped down on the couch beside him. “It was very interesting to say the least.” I blushed. “How is that?” he asked. “I ended up having to sit beside Gavin.” I replied trying to keep the thoughts of went on in the planes bathroom out of my head.

“Wow I bet that was interesting.” he agreed. “It was nice to see him we needed to put some things to rest.” I smiled. “I can understand that just as you and I need to resolve some things as well.” Nick smiled. “I have already forgiven you for everything in the past I just want a fresh start with you as friends.” I replied.

“I agree we do need a fresh start and I really miss having you around to talk to.” he agreed. “I have an idea for all our troubles to be taken away for a little while but it'll have to wait until after dad's funeral tomorrow.” I said trying to stay cheery.

“Jay I want you to know that I am here for you however you need me to be.” Nick said taking my hand in his. “I know and I really appreciate that especially since I know tomorrow is going to be extremely hard.” I replied leaning my head on his shoulder.

“I know I'm just worried what's going to happen when you and I show up there together.” he said wrapping his arm around me. “I've been thinking about that I think I am going to call Uncle Lane and have him send a car for me so I can meet up with him and my mom before everything you can drive the convertible and once everything is over you and I can sneak off and get on the road to destinations unknown.” I smiled up at him.

“That sounds like a great idea.” Nick smiled squeezing me. “I'm going to get dressed then get things around so we can get the car packed tonight.” I smiled as I stood up. “My stuff is pretty much already packed I just need to get out my clothes for tomorrow.” he said following me upstairs.

“Good that's one less thing we have to worry about.” I smiled as I headed to my room. I threw on a cami and a pair of shorts then started going through my clothes to start packing for the trip to Hope Ranch.