Chapter Twenty-Nine: A Slap Back to Reality

I woke up quite sore but had the biggest smile on my face. I knew what Nick and I had couldn't be replicated he was purely amazing when it came to making love. I laid in bed smiling to myself as I replayed everything in my head.

Once I emerged from my revelations I realized that I was alone in my bed. I sat up and looked around but Nick wasn't anywhere to be found. I slowly turned and placed my feet on the floor realizing just how sore I was when I went to stand and I fell back to the bed.

My legs were weak and felt like they had turned into jello a price I was willing to pay for the ecstasy I had experienced. I slowly made my way into the hall towards the bathroom to see if he had decided to make his way in there for a shower.

He wasn't there so I began to wonder what the heck happened when I walked into the living room and he was sitting on the couch with his head in hands. “Hey what's wrong?” I asked making my way to him kneeling in front of him.

“I know we said we wouldn't talk about the way things were between us but after what we just experienced it's hard knowing how great we are together and yet I screwed it all up.” he replied looking up.

“Nick the only way we are ever going to move on is to leave the past behind us, if we can't do that then we won't ever be able to move forward.” I said staring him in the eyes. “You're right and this is the last time I will bring up our past.” he smiled.

“I'm glad to hear you say that.” I replied standing up. I watched as he stared at me a grin forming. “What are you smiling at?” I asked confused. “If you continue walking around like that moving forward won't be hard to do but leaving the bedroom will be.” he grinned picking me up and heading towards my room.

After a couple more rounds of pure ecstasy we managed to make it to dinner with Carl and Martha. She was beyond excited to see me and to meet Nick. We talked about old times until wee hours in the morning with them before we returned to the guest house.

We couldn't seem to keep our hands off each other causing our stay at Hope's Ranch to pretty well be spent indoors with the occasional exploration in the pool in the caves. We knew the others wouldn't condone what we were doing they'd tell us it was reckless but neither of us cared we were happy and that was all that mattered.

We ended up staying out there for a couple of weeks until Nick had to be back with the others to start preparing to head back out on their tour. Everyone questioned what happened to us and where we disappeared to after dad's funeral but we would always just grin and leave it at that.

Once Nick and I returned back home we continued to hang out and see each other but I had also started hanging out with Justin. It was nice to be on better terms with him after I had ended things the way I did. He respected that I didn't want to be in a relationship but that didn't stop us from steaming up car windows.

It had been a month since all the guys left for their tours with The Backstreet Boys overseas and Nsync in the states it was a crazy time trying to keep in contact with everyone. I had secretly been making trips to Indiana to see Gavin which also made things complicated.

I was really confusing my heart and soul but it was all worth it. I was in a downward spiral and didn't care I knew it was wrong for me to play each of them but in all fairness I wasn't leading them on I never agreed to be exclusive with any of them.

On the upside of things I was getting to spend lots of time with my friends which was needed for all of us. We always cherished our time together but it felt like old times again before all the chaos of high school had taken over our lives.