Chapter Twelve: Not A Date

Once Nick had finished exploring my body I decided to head home to take a shower and get ready to hang out with Justin. I decided to go ahead and head into town and wait for Justin’s call so I went to the Cantina to talk with Roxy.

“Wow twice in one day that’s some kind of record.” She teased as I sat at the bar. “Yeah I know, I’ve been off today and had things to do in town so I figured no better way to kill time then to do it with my bestie.” I smiled.

“I’m not complaining, so how did the interviews go?” she asked sitting beside me. “Pretty good actually I’m getting ready to meet up with Justin now to hang out.” I grinned. “Uh oh why do I feel as if there is something you aren’t telling me?” she questioned.

“Nope nothing at all just a couple of friends hanging out tonight that’s all.” I grinned. “Uh huh still not convinced, Jayden what did you do?” she asked. “I kind of kissed Justin today.” I shrieked. “OH MY GOD YOU DID WHAT?” she yelled. “You heard me and don’t ask me why he kissed me and I didn’t stop it in fact I kind of enjoyed it.” I smiled.

“Wow Jayden what about Nick?” she asked. “What about Nick, it was just an innocent kiss trust me it won’t be happening again I care about Nick too much to screw that up.” I replied. “I just can’t believe you would kiss another guy that’s not like you one bit.” She said shocked.

“Trust me I know but wow it was amazing I mean the electricity that went between the two of us was incredible and scary at the same time.” I said touching my lips remembering the tingling sensation. “I think that you are crazy and you need to be careful because you could be getting yourself into a sticky situation.” She said getting up to wait on some customers.

My phone started ringing and it was a strange number so I ignored it. A few seconds later my phone pinged. I checked the message and it was from that number. ‘Hey Jayden it’s Justin call me so we can get together.’

I felt like an idiot knowing he was going to be calling me and didn’t even think about the fact I gave him my number and didn’t have his. I dialed the number and was about to press send when I was engulfed in a set of arms from behind.

“Guess who?” he chuckled. “The boogeyman?” I laughed. “Close but not quite.” He laughed. “Oh I know Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice.” I yelled laughing. “How’d you know?” he said jumping in front of me. “I’m awesome like that.” I said hugging him.

“So what are you out doing tonight?” AJ asked sitting beside me. “Oh you know me can’t stand being in that big house all alone too long so I decided to come up here hang out with Rox, so they let you guys out early tonight?” I asked cancelling my call.

“Oh no I’m on a food run as usual I’m the one stuck going.” He frowned. “I’m surprised Brian doesn’t do it so he can come see Roxy.” I said as my phone started ringing. I looked down and seen it was Justin again I quickly forwarded the call to my voicemail. “Who was that?” AJ asked. “Unknown number so I just forward it I don’t want to take the chance that it is Gavin.” I smiled playing it off.

“I can answer it if they call again to make sure it’s not that piece of shit.” He offered holding his hand out. “No that’s ok I’m not worried about it.” I said as it pinged. “Wow aren’t you little miss popular tonight?” he teased. “Yep must be a superstar.” I winked at him.

“Hey will you let Bri know that I made it just the way he likes it and that I’ll be coming up there once I get out of here tonight.” Roxy said handing him their order. ‘”Thanks Rox and I will pass the message along, Jay why don’t you come by with her?” he said standing up.