Chapter Fourteen: Promises

My mouth dropped when I saw Nick standing before me as the doors had opened. I watched as his eyes turned to daggers as he eyed how close Justin and I were standing to one another. “There you are princess I’ve been looking for you.” Nick said walking onto the elevator standing between me and Justin.

I hadn’t realized I was holding my breath until I felt my lungs fighting to get air into them. I took a deep breath as Nick pulled me to him leaning down and kissing me hard instead of passion filling the kiss it was more of possession. He pulled back and grinned at me before wrapping his arm tightly around my waist holding me there as he turned to Justin who had moved a few steps away from us.

“So how are things going with the American tour you are planning?” Nick asked Justin. I managed to look around Nick to throw him a smile. “Actually quite well we should be getting things started in the next few months to take the show on the road.” Justin replied throwing me a quick glance.

I ended up blocking out all the talk about tours and who’s going where I realized fast it was becoming a contest to prove who was better and it was rather annoying. Although Nick had his arm around me I kept stealing glances at Justin and as if he sensed my eyes on him he would smile quickly looking my way before rejoining the conversation with Nick.

They had kept up their conversation all the way to the parking lot. Nick had maneuvered us to his car so as soon as we were close enough I wiggled out of his vice like grip and made my way to stand by his car quite annoyed at the fact they were still caught up in trying to see who had the bigger balls.

A brisk breeze from a pending storm had made it’s way through me. I started to shiver waiting on Nick seeing as their annoying contest wasn’t even close to being over I walked to my car and grabbed a jacket out of the backseat.

No sooner had I put it on did I realize it wasn’t mine but as I sniffed the collar I smiled knowing who it belonged to. I probably should have put it back in my car and grabbed mine but I was intoxicated by his sweet musky manly smell that seemed to send my body into a haze.

I walked over to the two who were now talking about sports which I really didn’t care about unless they had been professional football players and had played for the Raiders but of course neither had therefore I sighed letting them know I was still alive.

“Sorry babe we just got caught up talking about sports.” Nick smiled as he noticed me glaring at the pair. “I can see that, while you were talking a storm has started to blow in not to mention it’s getting a tad chilly.” I grumbled in hopes he would wrap it up so we could get on the road.

“I’m sorry for keeping you two.” Justin said smiling at me. “It’s fine really I wouldn’t mind to stand here all night but I’d rather not get caught in the rain.” I replied annoyed. I looked over towards Nick who was staring at me in confusion. I looked down to see if there was something wrong with me when he spoke up.

“Where’d you get that jacket?” he asked with a hint of jealousy and anger in his voice. “What do you mean I got this where everyone gets jacket’s the store.” I replied with a not so happy sarcastic tone. “Jay I highly doubt you bought that considering it’s a man’s jacket.” Nick replied staring daggers at me.

“Oh hell I must of grabbed dad’s again I have to quit doing that.” I said blowing it off as no big deal. I watched as he eased up and the anger left his eyes. “Your dad has good taste I have one just like that.” Justin smirked knowing damn well it was his. “Yeah he has always bought nice things.” I smiled at him.

“I better let you two get out of here before this storm hits in case it’s a bad one.” Justin said shaking hands with Nick. “Yeah we have a lot to talk about tonight.” Nick nodded towards me wiggling his eyebrows letting Justin know talking wasn’t exactly all that was on his agenda. Justin just nodded and looked at me as I saw sadness shoot through his eyes.