Chapter Eighteen: The Talk

“Don’t hang up Jayden, just hear me out first.” Nick pleaded on the other end. “Why should I?” I asked hoping Justin would be back soon. “Because I think what I have to tell you will help you forgive me.” He insisted. “Fine you have a couple minutes better make them count.” I said looking towards the door waiting for Justin to enter at any time.

“Thank you Jayden, I am so sorry for what I did to you, I can’t tell you that enough.” He started but I cut him off. “Look you better cut to the chase you don’t have much time.” I snapped. “I’ve been doing some really stupid things lately and that is what pushed me over the edge the other day.” He said as I listened.

“Ok what have you been doing that would cause you to do something like this to someone you supposedly love?” I asked starting to feel the wetness build up in my eyes. “I’ll explain that to you in about twenty minutes when I get there.” He said causing me to drop the phone. “What no I don’t think you coming here is a good idea.” I said picking it back up.

“It’s too late Brian and I are already on the way I think it’ll be best if I come tell you this face to face.” He said as I heard Brian agree with him in the background. “I don’t mind you coming over but now’s just not a good time.” I said trying to convince him to wait. “Why not I figure now is as good a time as any.” He replied.

“It just isn’t the best time ok.” I argued with him. “Jay why are you being so stubborn it doesn’t matter what you say I’m on the way now I don’t know if I will be able to tell you this another time.” he replied getting angry with me. “Nick I just don’t know if it’s a good idea coming right now not while everyone is here.” I said trying to think of the best way to get him to back out of coming.

“No one is there other than AJ and I’m sure he won’t mind as long as I agree to be on my best behavior.” Nick replied. “There’s more than just AJ here.” I sighed. “Oh really like who? Oh let me guess that piece of shit came to your rescue and took advantage of the moment.” Nick yelled. “That’s none of your business Nick and no one has taken advantage of me.” I yelled back.

“Don’t you worry we will be there soon and I will be able to give that bastard what he deserves for tearing us apart.” Nick yelled hanging up the phone. I began to panic just as Justin walked into the room. “What’s wrong babe?” he asked rushing to my side. “Nick is on his way here and he is angry because he thinks you are here.” I cried.

“Don’t you worry I won’t let him anywhere near you ever again.” Justin said hugging me. “Actually I want to talk to him I mean I do still love him and he deserves a chance to explain himself to me.” I said taking my medicine. “Are you kidding me?” Justin yelled. “Please don’t be mad, it’s just hard not to love him when I saw a future with him not that long ago.” I said trying to stop my tears.

“You are ridiculous, you know what I’m going to leave, don’t expect me back anytime soon I’m not going to sit back and watch you keep getting hurt because you think you still love someone when they beat you.” Justin said standing up and walking towards the door.

“Justin please don’t leave here angry I can’t have you mad at me right now, I care about you too much to lose you.” I cried. “Jayden I care about you too but I’m not going to be strung along as your play toy.” He glared at me. “I’m not trying to string you along.” I said trying to calm down.

“Look I think it’ll be best that you and I stay away from each other until you decide what you truly want. Now don’t worry, we can still be friends and if you ever need anything just call but I’m not going to guarantee I’ll stay single.” He smiled before disappearing out my door.