Chapter Thirty-One: Not What I Expected

I released my arms that had been tightly wrapped around Nick's neck. “I hate that you can't stay with me longer.” Nick frowned as we pulled apart. “I know babe but this is how our life goes, you on tour and me figuring out what to do with myself.” I beamed up at him.

“I know but I hate having to tell you goodbye not knowing when I will get to feel the warmth of your body next to mine again.” he sighed. “No worries this isn't a goodbye forever it's more of a see you later.” I smiled standing on my tiptoes to kiss him.

“I hate that I can't say anything to any of the guys especially Nick, I mean he is my best friend and this secret is huge.” Brian told Roxy as they were watching us say our good byes.

“I know babe but it's not our place to tell him and Jay really needs to work things out because she is in a bad spot with all of this but I couldn't keep it from you and I told you in complete confidence.” Roxy glared at him.

“I'm not going to say anything I promise.” Brian sighed squeezing her tighter to him. “I know and I promise if I feel like he needs to know before she lets the cat out of the bag I'll give you the go ahead.” Roxy smiled kissing him.

I felt bad that I had made my friends keep something so big from their boyfriends but it was for the best and they knew it. I could tell that there was a lot of tension in the air between all of the couples.

I watched Roxy and Brian say their goodbyes over Nick's shoulder as he just held me. I could tell that they were in some sort of disagreement and even noticed them looking over towards us as they bickered.

I began to worry that the guys had noticed how strange we had been acting especially when it came to my obvious mood swings, and constant sickness. I just put all worries to the back of my mind and just enjoyed being in Nick's arms until it was time to board our plane.

“I promise I'll call you as soon as we land.” I said as I turned to join the others at the boarding area. “I love you Jayden.” he replied kissing me one last time. I felt my stomach knot up as those words rang through my head.

“I know you do and I love you too.” I said before I caught up to the girls who had been saving my spot in line. I couldn't help but notice the looks I was getting from the girls when I told him I loved him.

“I didn't want to say anything in front of Jay but I was wondering if the girls said anything as to why she was moody and kept getting sick?” Nick asked as they stood watching our plane take off.

“I asked Ciara but she just said that she's been stressed out and just trying to deal with everything from her mom moving out to us being gone.” Howie answered. “Yeah man Anna said pretty much the same thing.” Kevin agreed.

“I'm sure she's fine and if there was anything to be worried about they would have told us.” AJ smiled patting him on the back. “Yeah man you're right I just feel like she is hiding something from me.” Nick said running his hand thru his hair.

Brian wanted to tell him and the others what was going on so bad but he knew if he did he'd not only betray Roxy but also Jay. He was torn between doing what he felt was right and not pissing off his girlfriend.