Butterflies (A Before You Exit fanfic)

A/N. Hey so this is my first fan fiction so sorry if its bad. Please comment to tell me what you think!

Characters (all except the McDonough's, Braiden, and Thomas)

Maria: age: 14; she is tall for her age, has dark brown curly hair that goes a few inches past her shoulder, medium-colored skin, and brown eyes. Although she's very insecure, she loves her life. She has been through a lot especially when her dad died when she was 1 year old and is often hurt by fake friends.

Vinny: age: 13; he has dark brown hair, medium-colored skin, brown eyes, and is tall. Vinny is Maria's younger brother. Vinny is the typical teen boy gamer. He is very mean to Maria but still loves her and looks up to her. He may seem tough and mean on the outside, but on the inside he's not as tough and very sensitive. Vinny loves to be with Maria and always cheers her up when she's upset.

Mrs. Collin Smith: she has dark curly hair that goes to her shoulder, brown eyes, lighter skin than Maria and Vinny, and is short. She's Vinny and Maria's mother. She goes buy Mrs. Collins, Mrs. Smith, or Mrs. Collins Smith. She is funny and loving. Maria and Vinny cherish having her as a mother. She accepts them how they are and is always by their side in times of need. She treats their friends like her own, doesn't embarrass Maria or Vinny. She is loved by all of Maria and Vinny's friends. She is a fair mom too. Mrs. Smith is also very protective of her kids.

Mr. Smith: he has dark brown hair, medium-colored skin, hazel eyes, and is tall. He is Maria and Vinny's step-father. He loves them like they're his own children. He is always buying them food that they don't need, and always very kind and fair. He never yells at them. He is divorced and has one son, Andrew.

Andrew: age: 18; he has brown hair, brown eyes, light-colored skin, and is tall. He is Maria and Vinny's older step-brother, and Mrs. Collins Smith's step-son. He is a college student. He is often very quiet, not really talking to Maria or Vinny. But, he is very kind and smart. He has lots of friends too that are friends with Maria and Vinny also.

Kristina: age: 15; she has brown hair that's straight and wavy that goes a little past her shoulder, hazel eyes, and is a little short for her age. She is Maria's best friend. They have known each other ever since Maria and her brother and mother moved to Vermont because that's where Mr. Smith and Andrew were at the time. They both love the band Before You Exit. Her mother died when she was in fourth grade. She has an older sister and a younger sister, plus her father. Her father is an alcoholic. Her older sister, Belle, who's 18, moved to Massachusetts. Her younger sister, Katie, who's 8, still lives with Kristina and her father. Maria and Kristina are more like sisters and Kristina practically lives at Maria's house, since they live a few blocks away from each other. They both go to the same high school too.

:::::::ps- I'm writing this on April 1,2014 and I wrote this chapter in June so just fyi the story isn't going to be as good as it's going to be in the later chapters so yeah but please still read bc it gets better I promise::::::::

A/N. So these are all the characters besides the McDonough family, Braiden, and Thomas. There might be more added to the story but these are the ones I know I'm gonna use, well for now. There's definitely going to be more characters so you're going to notice a lot more throughout the story!