Promise

Lucy was awake. Natsu never left her side and growled if anyone other than Mira or Wendy came near her while she slept. Natsu and Lucy at the moment were alone, though.

"Natsu? Are you mad?" Lucy's sweet voice asked shyly. She bit the inside of her lip to hold herself back from crying. She so desperately wanted to tell him about the news but how could she? She's scared he wouldn't care, that he'd just call her weak and leave her.

Natsu looked at her and shook his head, "I wish. You make it so ducking hard for me to be mad, it's not fair!" His voice raised.

Lucy just stared at him with a small smile.

Then her lip quivered which snatched Natsu's attention immediately.

"Luce!" Natsu said leaning toward her slightly.

Lucy cried still staring at him then she suddenly jumped onto Natsu crying. She sobbed out her apologies.

Natsu pressed his palm to her back as he sighed with his eyes closed.

"Lucy, what's wrong?" His voice was so desperate it shattered Lucy's heart even more.

"I'm so SORRY!" Lucy had so many tears spilling out that she had this scream out her last word.

Natsu looked down and pressed her closer to him.

"I-I love you!" Lucy screamed out. She sniffed and tightened her grip around Natsu. "I don't want to die!" She cried out freezing his heart from beating. Her words scared him so much!

"What the hell are you talking about?!" Natsu screamed.

Lucy didn't react she sobbed as she said, "I-I I've only got A YEAR!" She cried still trying to be close to Natsu.

Natsu blinked in horror.

What the hell is going on?

"Shhhh," Natsu coed words into her ear so she stopped crying as much.

"I love you to but, this isn't how it's supposed to be said! Lucy," Natsu pulled Lucy off him so they looked at each other in the eyes.

Lucy's eyes had tears rolling down her cheeks. It honestly broke his heart seeing Lucy like this.

He's never seen her cry before.

Lucy's hands grasped around Natsu's shirt like she was trying to hang on for dear life.

The sun rays hit through the one small window of the infirmary. It was amazing because it was the first time the sun had come out due to the snow clouds.

"I don't know! Dammit! Lucy!..." Natsu put one hand on her cheek then smiled, "I won't let you go! I promised you alot of stuff but this I'll take to my grave. I won't let anything happen to you!"

Lucy's eyes widened in pain and she laid her head on Natsu's chest.

"...I believe you..." Lucy whispered.

She smiled as Natsu whiped away her tears.

"Promise me you'll never cry again," Natsu said looking forward. Lucy is laying on his chest so they aren't face to face anymore.

"I promise," Lucy whispered.

* * *

Lucy fell fast asleep onto Natsu's chest. Her body was going to become weaker later on. She'll be able to walk soon but every once in awhile until her death she'll be getting sick.

Natsu first told the guild Master.

Makarov didn't leave the room in the back of the guild.

"What's wrong Natsu?" Mira was the first to ask.