Chapter 20 (Edited)

Four days have passed since I had finally gotten Marison on Lib and riding. She had been on the lunge line, much to her displeasure, but she didn't complain that much about having to be on there. I had told her that I had been stuck on it for about the first three months when I had started riding, much to the fact that Bellie had been on it that long.

"Get her collected," I called, causing her to grumble about something her trying. "After that then you will be done for the day."

Marisol did what I had asked and got Lib to smooth out her canter. She pulled her to a quick stop when I told her to and turned to look at my way. "What next?" she asked.

"Well, I was thinking of taking you somewhere quiet," I replied. "You need to get away from everything and get comfortable with Lib on a trail and not on a lunge. I think you would want to be out of the ring for a bit."

"And where are we going to go?" Marisol asked, raising an eyebrow. She nudged Lib towards me. "And is it just us?"

"Now, don't tell me that you don't trust me," I teased, causing her to roll her eyes.

"If you aren't so madly in love with-"

"Now, now," I teased, cutting her off. "So, do you want to see what I have planned or not? Bellie all ready knows where we are going and what we are doing."

"What are we going to do?" she asked, signalling Lib to stop in front of me. "And who are you going to ride?"

"That new horse that needs to be taught how to ride with legs only," I replied. "You will be on Lib." I grinned and patted Lib's neck. "Thankfully, Lib is sometimes a follower if I'm with her. She'll stay behind me."

Marisol grunted and nodded her head. "And where is this horse of yours?" she asked, raising an eyebrow.

I looked towards the gate to see Josè at the gate with the bay gelding that I was to be riding. "At the gate," I replied. I took off the lunge line and backed up. "Do a couple of exercises off the lead. Get a feel for her with out it."

"Aye, Aye Captain," she replied before clicking her tongue. She started to some exercises while I walked to the gate and opened it. "Uh..." she began when Lib tried to go to the gate.

"Control her," I replied. "Pull her back to the fence. As a rider, you need to learn control of the horse. It's, especially, important for you since you can not see where you are going."

"Gee, thanks Sherlock," she said, sarcastically. She huffed and for a few minutes struggled with Lib until she got her back at the fence.

"Good, now turn her around and trot to me," I said, reaching Josè. I grabbed hold of the horse and hopped on, steadying the gelding when he started to move. "The gate is open. Just follow my voice."

Marisol complied with what I had said and trotted towards me. There was a grin on her face, and I could tell that she liked the actual freedom. She stopped Lib just as soon as she heard the gelding snort and back up.

"Good," I praised. "You are getting better at that quick stop."

Marisol nodded. "So, will I be doing jumping?" she asked. "I think I'd like to do that."

I nodded. "We'll discuss that on a later date. Come, let's get there. It won't take a while." I turned the gelding around before starting in the direction to my cabin. I just hoped that what I had planned for her would help her just as much as it had help me.