Extra #2- The Letters- Emily's POV

(After Ryder left and after giving Annabella her letters)

I looked at the stack of letters that the man, who I wanted to be my father, wrote. Each of them were labeled with a date as to when they were written. I was surprised that there were so many by him.

Most of the letters had some money in them, and I knew that he was trying to help out with school or whatever I needed, because he knew that he couldn't help out. Some of them had newspaper clips of Mom or I, and he talked about how proud he was of us.

The last letter had torn my heart. Not only could I feel the pain that he was going through because he was leaving us, but there were tear stains as well. In the short time that I had known him, I had never seen him cry. Sure, his eyes would tear up, but he would put on a smile and fake it.

I fiddled with the necklace that had the ring he had wanted to give Mom. "Oh, Mom," I whispered, rubbing my eyes. "He does love us and didn't want to leave us. These letters prove it."

I pushed the stack to the edge of my bed and laid down, burying my face into the blanket that Ry had slept with.

His calming scent filled my nostrils and tears escaped my eyes. This scent was going to drift away from the blanket, but how it made me feel safe wasn't going to.

I groaned and kicked the blankets off, making up my mind. I wan- no I needed him here with me. I needed him to be a father figure to me, like he wanted to be. "Screw it," I said, standing. "I am going to try and get Mom to get him back even if it is the last thing that I do."

I hope that she has read the letters that were for her, I thought, praying that she did read them. Then maybe she will be more willing to try and get him back for not only me but for herself.