Chapter 3 (Edited)

That evening, I didn't get any sleep at all. It's not that I didn't need it, I was just so nervous about seeing Anna again, since I had left right on her 17th birthday. It was leaving her or going to jail. I wanted to see her again but not through bars over the window.

I sighed a little as I checked the time to see that it was 5:15am. "Well, I won't be getting much sleep anyways, I guess I should just get ready," I muttered to myself as I got out of bed. I walked into the bathroom and looked at myself.

Some girls say that I was really attractive, but I don't know what they mean. I mean, I'm a 6'2 guy with tanned skin. I had muscles that seemed to bulge out from my skin, from my time of doing sports, taking care of the horses, and the Army. I had shaggy blonde hair that fell into my blue eyes, making them look a little mysterious, or that's what girls told me.

There was a five o'clock shadow on my face, and I couldn't help but sigh as I rubbed my face. Should I or should I not grow a beard? No, I thought to myself, I do have trouble with my hair. I should just shave.

I shook my head and turned away from the mirror, not wanting to see the scars that I had gotten from my father, before I had ran away to join the Army. I growled a little as I undressed and took a quick five minute shower.

I had no idea why people take long in the shower. Yes, I knew the water was warm and it felt good on tense muscles. However, there were those that couldn't take a hot shower or even a hot bath. I knew that for a fact, since I had to take cold baths in a river or pond, making sure that my fellow comrades were all right.

Don't think about it, Ryder, I scold myself as I ran the towel through my hair and dried the rest of myself off before dropping the towel into the hamper and grabbing for the clean boxers, that I had grabbed out.

I grunted annoyed as I tripped a little in the shower as I tried to get my boxers on. "Stupid slippery tub," I muttered finally getting it on. "And stupid non existent arm."

I sighed a little and shook my head before I walked towards my closet, knowing that they might want me to be in my uniform. At least I can get it on by myself, I thought to myself as I did so. And that I still fit in it.

I shook my head again as I started to button up my shirt. I didn't really bother looking in the mirror, since I already knew what I looked like in the suit.

I looked at the time and saw that it was only 6:20am. Well, I always grew up with being early, I thought as I looked around my room, making sure that I had packed up the duffel bag and backpack that I was taking with me and the specialized guitar, that I got someone to make for me.

I closed my eyes a little before opening them. I moved the stuff to the door, not wanting to have to go far to collect the stuff. And now, I wait, I thought as I placed my white hat on my head.