Extra #7- Are You Ready?- Ry's POV

(at Marisol's house)

I looked at Marisol to see her staring out the window. There was a mask covering her face, but I could tell that she was nervous. She kept fiddling with her hands and pursed her lips every so often. "Do you want to go in?" I asked, causing her to jump up. I snorted when she turned my way and scowled. "Hey, it's not my fault that you are jumpy."

Marisol sighed and moved a hand through her hair. "I know," she said, honestly. "I just... don't want to be here, but I have to. They're my family." She squeezed my hand when I placed it in hers.

"And, I am your family as well," I said, causing her to smile a bit. "It doesn't matter if we are related by blood or not."

Marisol smiled, tiredly and nodded her head. She sighed and moved a hand through her hair. "Do you think... that my friends will want to see me? I think... I need to apologize to some of them."

I nodded. "I think that if they want to be friends with you, then they will. If not, then it is their fault, not yours. You were in a bad place when you blind." I squeezed her hand, reassuringly. "Come on, let's get the dogs out before they start to whine." I let go of her hand and opened my door before closing it after I got out. I jogged over to her door and opened it before going to get both dogs out as well as the overnight bags.

"I am going to have to carry something ya know," Marisol said, coming over to me. She rubbed her Goldie's head before scowling, teasingly.

"I got it," I replied, placing my duffel over my shoulders. "You can get the dor." I snapped my fingers, causing my Shepherd to stand beside me. "Come on, let's go in. I think that they are waiting for you."

Marisol looked at the door and pursed her lips. She took a deep breath and nodded her head before starting that way with me behind her. "Can we go..?"

"Whenever you feel like you need to," I replied, knowing what she meant. "We can leave and go back home."

Marisol stopped and turned to look at me with a grateful smile before she turned back towards the door. She took a deep breath and held her chin high as she walked to the front door.

I stood where I was and watched as this female walked to the front door. I knew that she was scared and that she was nervous, but I knew that she would be able to do anything she set her mind to. She was strong, and she was ready, even if she doubts herself.

"I will be by your side when you need me," I whispered before signalling for my Shepherd to walk as I walked to the front door. "That is a promise that I will keep."