Chapter 2...

I don't know how long I sat in that arm chair staring deep in to the fireplace. The flames reminding me of something familiar I had once seen. Edlyn...there's a reason he pulled out that tapestry, Ardy's words played over and over again in my mind. If Thorin were here, why would he be? What was so important about Laketown? I sat up thinking hard about it.

"Aunt Ed?" Lezarin said walking into the room in her night gown. Her hair was down and wavy. It almost was at her waist, it was as long as mine except it was bright red. Her green eyes glowed in the dark. When she was younger I would always tell her the stories of the dwarf prince I once fell in love with.

"Yes?"

"Father has gone to bed...I can't sleep there's some racket going on in the square." She sighed. "Should we go out and see what it is?" I had really been zoned out all this time?

"You should stay here Lez I'll go and see what it is." I said getting up and smoothing my dress down.

"Please let me come with you?" She asked. I looked at her.

"Fine will go and see what it is and come home, your father would kill me for taking you out this late." I chuckled grabbing my cloak. I looked at the material of her gown. "You might want to put something on?" She looked down at her gown.

"Right..." She turned on her feet going into her room and then coming out in an old green dress of her mother's a few minutes later. I handed her cloak to her and she put it on. I wrapped mine around me as well.

"Ready...?"

"Ready." She smiled.

We both walked out the door and I could already hear the racket she was talking about. Both of us made our way toward the square, all I could hear were shouts. As I came closer I heard Bard's voice, "Have you people forgotten what happened to Dale!?" He yelled. Lezarin and I pushed our way through the crowd but we got bumped back so neither of us could see. I was still trying to push through the crowd but I still couldn't get through. Bard still spoke, "Have you forgotten those who died in the fire storm!?" The crowd reacted in a series of gasps. I rolled my eyes trying to figure out why he was yelling things that brought memories back in to my head. His next words made me stop pushing and shoving, "And for what purpose!? The blind ambition of a Mountain King!? So riven by greed he cannot see beyond his own desire!" I looked at Lezarin and her eyes were on mine. The crowd once again roaring with gasps.

My heart was pounding as I grabbed Lezarin's hand and made myself through the crowd finding Bard and no other than Thorin talking. That's when I knew, Thorin was now King Under The Mountain. He was going to try and get into his kingdom. In that process, it would awaken the dragon that had made Erebor it's home over the past 20 years. I squeezed Lezarin's hand as I watched Bard turn away and Thorin smiled. The Master applauded him as the crowd shouted. I pulled my God-daughter to the side.

"Lez, go back home." I kissed her forehead. "I need to talk to Bard..."

"Will do Aunt Ed, don't be out late." She smiled, kissing me on my cheek and turning away to go back home. I let out a breath watching her walk away and started walking towards Bard's home.