Chapter 15...

The door opened and the small hobbit smiled as I looked over at him. "Bilbo Baggins, at your service." He said bowing before me. I wiped my eyes and smiled, I had never really seen a hobbit before. He turned and shut the door quietly then decided to sit in front of me with his legs crossed.

"Well Bilbo, it's nice to meet you, I'm Edlyn."

"What a lovely name, you and Thorin know each other?" He asked, curiously.

"Used too...it's quite a long story," I wiped my eyes once more. Bilbo's face saddened as he saw how upset I was. "You should go, Thorin could catch you."

"I'm small, I can hide if I have too. I can see how much you still love him, you aren't fooling me Edlyn."

"Mr. Baggins, just how do you know-" He cut me off holding his finger up.

"I saw the meeting in the Dining Hall, plus Balin may or may not have told me a few things about Thorin's past. I know you have a quest of your own and I might just be able to help you."

"Mr. Baggins...don't take this the wrong way but you're a hobbit."

"Please, call me Bilbo and you really shouldn't underestimate me Edlyn. I have what you want..." I pulled back his small jacket and pulled out a stone full of color. There it was glowing right in front of me.

"My apologies, Bilbo...how did you get that?" My eyes widened at the sight of the Arkenstone.

"I was sent to find it, in the process, I woke Smaug. I kept it because...I was afraid of losing my friend, that I see has only made matters worse. I have no absolute idea what to do with it,"

"I'm sorry," I said shaking my head.

"No, Edlyn I'm sorry but I can't give you this stone."

"Why?" I asked watching him slide the stone back in his jacket. I could feel anger starting to boil inside of me.

"Because, something like this could worsen your relationship with Thorin. Then, I feel like it would be my fault for just handing you the stone." He looked at his big hairy feet and then looked into my eyes.

"What if he finds out you have it, though?" My eyes started to burn again.

"I guess will find out what happens, won't we?" He smiled just a little.

"Bilbo...the man already hates me with a burning passion..." The hobbit got to his feet and brushed off his clothes before looking at me one last time. He chuckled flicking something off his coat.

"I think not Edlyn, glad we had this talk." With that, Bilbo Baggins walked straight out of the room leaving me to my thoughts. Why was a hobbit that I just met already protecting me? I was in shock at how our conversation unfolded, along with the reveal of the Arkenstone. I heard footsteps coming down the hall and then the door flew open. It made me jump as I looked up at Thorin. He was holding shackles in one hand and a bowl of stew in the other.

"You know everything could be easier if were to let me starve to death."

"Would you like too?" He scowled dropping the shackles and slamming the door. "I mean we are already wasting food on you and your friends."

"No, I'm actually quite hungry. I haven't eaten anything since yesterday..." I said dropping my head. He set the food in front of me.

"Eat, I'll wait..."

I began to eat my stew as he paced back in forth in the room with me. "I'm sorry about your father, considering you are King now he's gone...why didn't your brother come with you back here?"

"He's dead." He growled.

"What!?" I realized Dis failed to mention it in her letter to me. I took a deep breath trying to hold back tears. "Your sister..."

"Alive, she refused to come, though."

"I'm sorry, Fili looks a lot like Frerin." I sniffled and took another bite of my soup.

"Edlyn, be quiet and eat. I have other duties I need to attend too."

"Pacing back and forth in a throne room is not a duty Thorin! I yelled at him and stood up.

"You have no right to tell me what my duties are as a King!" He looked at my hand. "You think because you wear the ring that you can tell me what to do?" He chuckled as my anger took over. I slapped him harder than I had intended to. He quickly picked the shackles up then grabbed me shoving me against the wall. He shackled my arms behind me and pushed me on the floor.

"You are not my King and I'll never be your queen..." Tears began rolling down my face as I said it. I didn't want that to be true because I still loved him as much as I did 20 years ago. So far my actions weren't working but when I looked up at him, I could see the slightest bit of pain in those cold blue eyes. He picked the bowl up and looked back at me.

"Maybe it is best if you starved." He said.

"I could care less just as long as my god-daughter and my best friend are safe..." I said back without any emotion. Thorin just turned away and left without saying another word to me. I was shaking with both anger and sadness now. I decided to lay down on the hard, cold floor and try to fall asleep. Part of me wished that I wouldn't wake up tomorrow so I wouldn't have to see the man I loved consumed with the dragon sickness.

A/N: I promise this is a love story guys :) Sorry for such a late update :(