Chapter 13...

When we got to the Dining Hall the dwarves rushed up to Balin and Dwalin leaving us three looking at one another. I took a deep breath and looked at Lezarin, she only squeezed my hand tighter. I didn't know how Dwalin or Balin would react to my return. Fili and Kili departed from their fellow friends. Balin's eyes teared up when he saw me but Dwalin had a different reaction. "Get her out of here!" He yelled.

"I was sent here to help." I let go of Lezarin's hand and walked straight up to Dwalin pulling the letter out of my cloak, handing it to him. He snatched it out of my hand and began to read it. Once he finished he then passed the letter to Balin.

"You're too late, he already has succumbed to the sickness..." Dwalin's eyes saddened. He turned away from us.

"Maybe, we could bring him back to reality somehow." My heart started to sink.

"You could try, but I don't think it would work," Balin said handing me the letter back. As I took it he grabbed my hand and focused on my ring. I pulled my hand away quickly.

"Then, I'll talk to him," I said putting the letter back in my cloak. Dwalin quickly turned around.

"He could hurt you Edlyn! Thorin is not himself!"

"What do you care anyway, I blamed your people for what happened to Dale!? So why, worry about my fate?"

"Because..." Balin began, "It was our fault then and it is our fault now!"

"Balin, it wasn't I only said it out of anger...you were my family and I ruined that," My eyes were starting to water. "I had to sit with that for years! I dreaded this day just as much as you did!" I turned away and pushed passed everyone. When I hit the hall I began running and I knew everyone was running after me. I heard Ardy shouting my name behind me. I finally reached the throne room, it was darker and gloomier than I remembered. Thorin paced back and forth. I looked to where the Arkenstone should have been. I heard everyone stop behind me, causing Thorin to turn his attention toward me. His cold stare made me shiver, it was like he was looking right through me. "You are not welcome in this kingdom!" He shouted. I took a deep breath and started walking toward him.

"Thorin you need to snap out of it! This is not you!"

"This is me!" He yelled unsheathing his sword and pointing it at me. I heard everyone gasp behind me. I slowly backed up, staring at the man I once ran the halls with.

"You dare pull your sword on me!?" I yelled.

"Leave!" He growled, my heart began to pound against my chest. His beautiful blue eyes were cold now and full of hatred. That's when I knew what once was, is now gone. Thorin no longer loved me like he did, though I still felt the love for him fluttering in my stomach. I could feel my eyes watering.

"As you wish King Thorin..." I curtsied. He put his sword away and took a deep breath.

"Goodbye, Edlyn." He then turned away walking back to the throne. I didn't have time to cry about an old love story. I still wanted to find the Arkenstone because I owed the dwarves. I turned to everyone behind me. I sucked it up and walked back to them.

"No matter what he says, I know there is still a chance of saving him from this corruption," I said quickly.

"Lass it's too dangerous for you!" Dwalin grabbed my hand.

"I owe you..." I sighed, then took a deep breath looking right into his eyes. "I still...love him even though he may not feel the same for me. Dis wants me to help so that is what I am going to do, not matter what." Dwalin kissed my hand.

"Well then, Queen Under the Mountain let's find that stone." He smiled. I smiled as well and each of the dwarves hugged me. We all began walking away from the throne room. I was one of the last of the group, I took upon myself to turn back and look at Thorin. He was pacing back and forth with his hands behind his back. I started to feel sick, he then looked over and his eyes met mine. His face fell as he looked away quickly. I turned away caught up with the group, Ardy was waiting for me holding his hand out. I took it and he pulled me close, kissing my head.

"Surely, he'll come around Ed." He said making me smile. I could always count on my best friend to make me feel better.

A/N: My readers you have waited so long for this chapter and I do apologize, thank you for being so patient :) I had extreme writer's block but I pulled through it and this happened. I really missed writing this story and I am sure you guys have missed it too =/ each read has really made this story and I should be better at posting chapters on it, thank you so much! I hope each and every one of you has a wonderful New Year! We get to start adventures all over again :D