Chapter 17...

I let go of Lez balling my hands into my fists before going down the stairs after Thorin. He was in the middle of the Hall of Kings, Dis's letter ripped in half a few feet behind him. "Tell me what Bard wanted from you I shouted!?" Thorin quickly turned back to face me.

"He wanted what everyone else wanted...my treasure hoard!"

"You gave your word to the people of Laketown Thorin! You gave your word to me and my family, so not only have I betrayed you in the past but you, as king have betrayed my people!" I felt everyone's eyes on us, his face fell. He backed up a few steps and I noticed that his eyes were beginning to water. I knew then that he was starting to realize what he was becoming.

"It is not yours! Now get out of this kingdom, Edlyn and never come back!" He yelled.

"Will do king," I said curtseying and then pulling the ring he had given off my finger all those years ago. I slowly walked up to him and placed it in his hand. I knew by doing this I was breaking him. I kissed him on the cheek and fixed his robe a little before leaning into his ear. "Thorin, you will always be the man I love no matter what happens...I am truly sorry for intruding your kingdom. I do believe Bard will be needing our help anyways, plus I should apologize to him." I whispered. When I pulled back I gave him a soft smile trying to hide my emotions.

I then turned away from him, I kept rubbing my finger that the ring had been on. Dwalin stood there with watery eyes himself. "Lass,"

"Dwalin, I need to get back to Dale. I have failed with the Arkenstone and I wish you all well..." He quickly pulled me into a hug.

"I forgive you," He whispered.

"Dwalin...I have to leave king's orders..."

We pulled away from one another. He wiped his eyes and I looked at Ardy and Lezarin. I nodded at them and they turned to Fili and Kili. I then went up the stairs back to Thorin's bedroom in order to grab my cloak. As I walked I felt like I was dragging my feet, trying my hardest to keep walking. I was weakening with sadness, remembering all the times Thorin got upset about the way his grandfather was.

I let my legs give out beneath me, I was half way to the room. I sat on the floor looking down at the stone letting memories swirl in my head. I didn't want to give up on the man I loved, it was something I had never intended to do. "Edlyn dear, are you alright...?" I heard Balin running to me. He placed his hands on my shoulders, I knew I needed more time here in Erebor. I'm sure Bilbo as Thorin's friend would do something with the Arkenstone but my quest now was try to bring Thorin back to reality. Not only for me but for his family as well.

"I just feel light-headed...I think I just need rest." I looked up and turned my head to face Balin. "Talk to Thorin, tell him I am not feeling my best. All I want is more time Balin..." Balin's face lit up just the slightest.

"My Lady, the Dragon Sickness..."

"Balin, I know Thorin can pull himself out of this. It is going to kill me knowing I have hurt him twice now, please...for me?"

"Let's get you to bed then." He said and I slowly got up making my way to the room. When I crawled in bed Balin left the room and shut the doors. I laid down and let my emotions have the best of me. I really needed to get all my crying done, not only was I trying to break Thorin but I knew for sure he was breaking me.

A/N: I decided to go back and watch some BoTFA scenes last night...and I noticed that I accidentally switched up when Bard met with Thorin. I am slightly upset about that but I figured this would help with that mistake. Not everything can be the same anyways, it's just all a matter if remembering, hope you all enjoy this chapter! Edlyn is really fighting to get her man back!!! ;)