Chapter 12...

A/N: Bare with me I know this is a short chapter!!! I am sooo sorry guys but I have terrible writers block with this story right now =/  Actually, I have it for both of my stories. I really hate this chapter I feel like I could of written something a bit better...I apologize. :(

As we rowed closer to the kingdom my heart started to pound, it had been 20 years since the fall of Erebor. 20 years since I had seen Thorin. I felt Ardy put his arm around my shoulders. "Care to explain the situation with Bard?"

"It didn't mean anything..." My heart sank, I still couldn't believe he had kissed me. Fili looked at me and when his eyes met mine they fell to his hands. He must of saw when Bard had kissed me.

"You sure Ed?"

"Yes Ardy, I'm sure." I was afraid that I actually might be developing some type of feeling for Bard. Though he was a few years younger than me. I sat quietly the rest of the way until we hit the shore. Fili and Kili helped us out of the boat. Lez smiled at Fili, Ardy's eyes widened as he saw how the dwarf looked at his daughter.

We finally began walking up to the broken gate of the kingdom. I fell behind the dwarves a few paces as did Ardy. "What's the plan?" He asked.

"We need to find the Arkenstone."

"It could be anywhere down there..."

"I know." I sighed as we walked through the gate. The dwarves started calling for others, we continued to follow until a hobbit was in front of us trying to catch his breath. He was speaking to Fili but he just ignored him heading toward a hall. The other's followed so we decided to follow as well. The hobbit was starting to call from behind us, they of course ignored him. Fili made his way down flights upon flights of stairs until we all came to a stop.

The treasure gleamed beneath us but it wasn't as tidy as I remember. Other dwarves were looking around in the treasure for something and I instantly knew what it was. Thorin stepped out into the middle of the golden mess wearing the robe I saw him in once before. It gave me the same chills that I had gotten 20 years ago.

He looked around at all the gold around him. "Gold beyond measure..." His eyes shot up at the platform we were all standing on and he chucked a jewel at Fili which he caught. "Welcome, my sister's sons to the kingdom...Erebor." It echoed through the hall making the hair stand up on the back of my neck. I knew then that the treasure was already getting to him. "Keep searching!" He ordered the dwarves.

"Uncle, where is Balin?" Thorin's eyes shot back up to Kili.

"Dining Hall, don't be too long I need you. We must find that stone!" He turned back around and went back through the opening which he came. Somehow, that opening lead to the throne room. I had never used that way to get to the throne room, Thorin always took me through the main doors that lead to it. Each of us looked at one another, Fili and Kili turned back around heading toward the Dining Hall. The rest of us just followed them. I grew very nervous, Balin was a wonderful friend when I was younger. My stomach started to churn and I was afraid of what he would think of me. The I felt Lezarin grab my hand, I brought her hand to my lips and kissed it.

"Everything will be okay, Aunt Ed I know it will." She whispered and I thought I saw a small smile pull at Fili's lips when he heard her.