Chapter 7...

A/N: I just wanted to let you guys know how much I appreciated your wait, I know it has been quite sometime. As I noted this is my most popular story on Wattpad so I'll probably abandon my others for awhile until someone comments "Please update!" :) Moving on, I had said in Chapter 5 that they had finished off breakfast as Ed and Lez were walking but I changed it to brunch because these chapters start moving fast when it comes to time. I really want to start getting into the good stuff! So I apologize for the fast time windows in these next two chapters... =/

Lezarin and I made it back to the sitting room. As we walked everything suddenly shook around us, making both of us stop in our tracks. I looked to her and she looked to me. Sigrid flew into the house suddenly after that.

"Dad, what was that!?" Bard looked to her, his face quite sad.

"That my Dear...was a dragon." Tilda had just come in the house after her eldest sister, as her father said that. Her eyes grew wide as well.

"Dad...are we going...to die..." She stammered. He looked to his daughter then back out the window to the mountain. Kili let out another painful groan.

"Not if I can help it." Bard replied pulling none other than a black arrow from the wall. Bain came in the house now shutting the door behind him.

"Dad," His mouth fell open at the sight of the black arrow. "is that...?"

"Black arrow? Yes, the very last one." His eyes fell on mine. Kili started breathing heavily. "Bain, Lezarin come with me. Edlyn stay here with everyone else. We should be back shortly."

"Alright, what exactly are you doing?" I asked.

"We are going to get Ardy and then head to the guard tower, do try your hardest to help comfort him." Bard nodded toward Kili who was now trying to grab his leg but Fili slammed him back on the table. The other two dwarves held him in place as well.

"You're leaving us?" Tilda looked extremely scared now. She ran to him hugging him.

"Not for long, Edlyn I promise Lezarin will be safe. Take care of Sigrid and Tilda for me I will be back shortly." I nodded as Sigrid now hugged him and kissed him. Lezarin grabbed my hand and squeezed.

"Be safe, when you have found your father come straight back here." I demanded.

"I will."

With that everyone did as they were ordered. Bard gave me one last look before shutting the door. My stomach did a flip as I tried to smile a little. Tilda and Sigrid looked at me then to Kili.

"What do we do Ed?" Sigrid asked.

"Get some water we should properly dress this and clean it."

"Edlyn...he's been poisoned." Fili said in a low whisper, "if we don't find something quick he could die..." My heart jumped into my throat, I had no idea what to do.

"We need to find something to bring down his fever," the grey-haired dwarf quickly said. "I need some proper herbs, would you happen to have any?" He looked to Sigrid. She quickly set off to find herbs while Tilda brought me a bowl full of hot water. There was another jolt from the mountain again and Kili groaned even louder. I grabbed the cloth from the bowl and squeezed it on the wound but it just caused him to squirm and yell more.

"Sigrid! Those herbs would be great right now sweetie!" I called nervously. She quickly brought them to the table. The grey-haired dwarf started to search as soon as she set them down. I looked at the dwarf with the unique looking hat to the right of Fili as I now held the cloth on Kili's leg. "You, do me a favor and go find some weed, it should help. We feed it to the pigs."

"Of course Miss, oh and it's Bofur." He gave me a weak smile and left to go find the herb.

"I need a proper tourniquet too, for this wound until Bofur gets back." I cleared my throat. "I'll need you and Fili to hold him down for me." I looked at the grey-haired dwarf. "Tilda you and your sister to." I nodded as Tilda handed me the tourniquet for Kili's leg.

Everyone held him down as I began to wrap his injured leg. He jerked a little but I succeeded at wrapping it. Fili on the other hand looked like he was on the verge of tears. He looked at me and mouthed thank you. I smiled and then there was a loud crash as wood fell from the ceiling.