Chapter 5...

I sat up all night thinking about my final decision. We had just eaten brunch when the racket in the Town Square sounded. "Must be the dwarves parting..." Ardy grunted while reading a letter from his sister, Cindy. "Clarien is to be married soon, they should be coming back home soon."

"Does it say anything about Milly at all? In that letter or is she too worried about marrying off all her children?" Ardy looks up at me.

"She's terrible sorry about what happened to Milly and if Lezarin ever needs anything she can always write." Lezarin groaned.

"I have Ed," She said getting up and slamming the window shut drowning out all the noise. "I'm going to the market."

"I'll accompany you." I said throwing the napkin down. We both grabbed our cloaks and left. When we got outside the racket was starting to die down.

"Clarien to be married!? How absurd! She only started talking to him..." Lezarin shouted.

"She's been writing you?"

"Oh plenty, just to brag though. She only thinks she is in love."

"Are you sure? Love can happen fast Lez...she truly could love him."

"How do you know...?" She looks up at me. "How do you know you're in love?"

"You just do Sweetie; you'll find out soon enough." I said looking straight ahead.

Everyone was beginning to depart from the river where the dwarves had just left. "Hey isn't that Fili...?" She quickly said. I looked over to where she was looking, seeing four dwarves heading to Bard's. One of the dwarves looked deeply ill. "I should really apologize to him." I quickly grabbed her arm yanking her back.

"Don't worry about it, we shouldn't get involved with speaking to them."

"Ed...it was rude..."

"Lezarin," She quickly tore from my grasp and made her way to the dwarves. I sighed and rolled my eyes. I watched the dwarves make their way up the steps to Bard's. Lezarin looked a little hesitant on apologizing to Fili. I just stood there watching her, she turned around shaking her head and putting her hands up to her face. She almost looked flustered. When she looked at me I nodded. She then nodded back, once again turning around she headed towards Bard's stairs.

My eyes then flicked up to the dwarves. For a brief second the door opened a crack and then shut again. Something was up, Bard wasn't letting them in the house. Deep inside of me I felt a little angry. I kept staring at the door now crossing my arms over my chest. It finally opened once more. They all pushed inside, except Fili turned his head toward someone calling him. His face was expressionless as he stared at my God-daughter. He then turned his head back to the door and walked inside.

I was boiling mad now. I pushed passed Lezarin making my way up Bard's steps and pounding furiously on the door. The door opened quite quickly. "Ah, Edlyn..." Bard said. I heard a wailing of pain come from inside.

"May I come in?"

"I would let you..."

"Bard, I know they're here I just saw them." I crossed my arms.

"Edlyn, it would draw attention. Everyone is already on to me about them." He leaned close to me as another loud groan came from inside the house. Lezarin now appeared next to me.

"Aunt Ed..." I ignored her and pushed the door open causing Bard to back up. Lezarin followed me as Bard shut the door behind us. I placed my hands on my hips staring at the dwarves gathered around the ill one.