Chapter 16...

I shivered throughout the night, it was freezing in the room that I was in and there wasn't anything to cover up with at all. My eyes were heavy with sleep but it was too hard to fall asleep and my arms were aching from the shackles. After awhile I was finally drifting off to sleep when I heard the door open. Then I heard it being shut really lightly, I thought it must have been Bilbo. I only blinked my eyes open for a minute because it was hard keeping them open anyway. I could feel my heart start to beat fast when I saw Thorin leaning against the door. I let my eyes close again, listening to his heavy breathing. Then he began to walk around the room, almost as if he was pacing.

I heard his footsteps come closer to where I was laying on the floor. He grabbed my shackles and stuck the key in them, the lock clicked causing them to fall to the floor with a crash. I then felt his hard hand push hair from my face, probably checking to see if I was awake. I wondered what his expression was like right now as he touched me for the first time in years. I wanted to open my eye just to see it but I thought it'd be best to keep them closed. He let out a large sigh and removed his hand from my face. I heard him take up the shackles and then I felt something warm and fuzzy be thrown on me. When I heard the door shut I opened my eyes, I stared at it hoping he'd come back again but he never did. So I pulled the blanket up and fell asleep.

When I awoke in the morning I was no longer on a hard floor but instead in a soft bed. It wasn't just any bed either, it was one that brought back many memories. Thorin stood at the end of the bed with his head down. I sat up and threw the blanket off and he looked over at me. "You're awake, your friend Bard paid us a visit yesterday...the Dragon Slayer." He chuckled.

"And...?"

"He wondered if you were alright, said he seen you leave on a boat with your friend and his daughter, so are you alright?"

"Never better," I said getting up.

"Who do you think you are Edlyn...?" He said it in that deep voice that made my body shiver.

"What are you talking about Thorin!?" I turned to him and scowled. He began walking closer to me.

"Coming here and stealing from me!" He pulled something out of his robe and held it up. I felt a knot begin to form in my throat, it was Dis's letter. "What, did you do with it?"

"How could I possibly have it!" I growled. "I've been locked away and I have had no time to actually look for it in order to take it!" He became angry and grabbed my wrist hard, pulling me into his face.

"You do not come into my kingdom and take things or even think about taking anything! I don't believe you Edlyn, you do not fool me!" He yelled making me shake.

"I don't have it Thorin, I swear!" I tried to pull from his grip but he only grabbed my wrist tighter.

"You're a liar!" He spun me around and began to pull up my dress. I pushed his hands off in an instant, I quickly turned to face him.

"You have no business touching me like that!" I screamed. He backed up quickly, I noticed that he was shaking. "I don't have the stone...I am no liar Thorin. I only wanted to do this because of what I did to you and your family! I still care about you Thorin, why can't you see that!?"

"You betrayed me! Now you've gone behind my back-"

"To save you! You are sick, you are becoming your grandfather! That day I was upset as you are right now...that is why I blamed your people! It's been 20 years and I still feel the guilt for saying it and not taking your hand in marriage because I love you!"

His eyes started watering and he began shaking his head denying it. "You need to leave!" He yells grabbing me and pushing me in front of him. His hand gripping my shoulder firmly as we walked to the Hall of Kings or what I call it The Great Hall. When I got there Lezarin and Ardy were waiting. Thorin let me go and Lezarin ran to me throwing her arms around me.

"Uncle we have a problem..." Kili said coming up to his uncle.

"What!?" He snapped.

"Elves, in Dale..." Said Dwalin coming down the stairs of the balcony at the front gate which was now a wall of stone. Thorin let out a deep growl, he began walking to the balcony. We all followed him and looked out at the ruins of Dale. Elves were lined up staring at Erebor.

"If anyone comes to these gates, kill them," Thorin demanded before turning away and going back to the throne room with my letter still clenched in his fist. As I looked out at Dale I wondered how Bard was doing, everyone there looked to him as a hero and he truly was.

A/N: Sorry for the delay I ran into some crazy computer stuff while trying to get on a website. Everything is cool now, though, enjoy! :)