Chapter 19...

When I got to the Hall of Kings Bard was smiling holding his hand out. All the dwarves looked sad as I walked to him, Ardy even looked a little sad. I was trying to hold back my tears as I made my way to him. I grabbed his hand and he pulled me close to him as we began walking. I turned to look at the dwarves one last time as we made our way to the platform.

We finally got to the platform as Bard threw the rope down. "I'll go first," He said, taking hold of the rope and starting to go down the wall. Ardy went next and then I helped Lezarin, she didn't really like heights and she wouldn't let go of my hand in order to go down the side of the wall.

"Lez, you have to go," I said and she inhaled deep, then exhaled.

"I'm going to slide..."

"If it makes you feel better Sweetie, I'm not particularly keen on doing it either." I squeezed her hand. "You will be alright,"

With that, she let go and got a firm grip on the rope before starting to walk her way down the wall. Once she hit the ground I took a hold of it. I hadn't even started to walk down the wall yet when my feet slid out from beneath me. I screamed sliding a little until I felt someone grab my arm causing me to look up.

"Let go...Edlyn please let go of the rope." I looked into Thorin's eyes, they were sincere and almost desperate looking.

"No...no I can't," I said frightened.

"I have you, let go, Ed." So, I let go and reached my other hand up, he grabbed it and began pulling me back up. His grip loosened causing me to scream. "I have you." He said grabbing my arms tighter and pulling me back over the wall. I stumbled forward and grabbed his robe.

"You banished me Thorin, why are saving me...? Let me leave in peace." I started to turn back to the rope but he yanked my arm.

"I have obviously made a mistake!" He snapped, pulling me close to his body. His eyes staring intently into mine. "I...I love you...you're my Queen Under the Mountain. I forgave you a long time ago, I would understand if you still want to leave this kingdom I have done nothing but hurt you..." I was lost for words, had I really brought him back to reality?

"This isn't funny Thorin!" I yelled starting to hit his chest.

"Stop it, Edlyn!" He growled gripping my arms and shaking me. "There is nothing more precious in this world than you above all else...I mean that." My eyes began to water.

"You're lying that damn stone and the gold beneath this mountain is the only thing you care about!" I turned away pulling from his grip and grabbing the rope but he caught my hand once more and spun me back around to face him. His lips crashed against mine...my heart was pounding against my chest. I missed this, I missed him and I realized that 20 years ago, I made a mistake.