Chapter 10...

I ran upstairs to where all the weapons were kept, my eyes fell on to the bow and quiver right away. I quickly grabbed the two things and turned around. It felt like forever waiting as I looked from the door to the hole in the roof. I had just begun walking to the door when it flew open. Bard came rushing in the room.

"Edlyn, I want you out of here safely and safe is not with me." He said taking the bow and quiver from me.

"Bard...where am I supposed to go?"

"The outskirts of Laketown." The building shook as he said it. I stumbled back a little and quickly regained my balance.

"You can't kill the dragon without the black arrow Bard!"

"I am going to try, now go!" He yelled. I just nodded obeying him and turning back toward the door. My heart was pounding against my chest. I couldn't believe I was re-living this moment once again. I walked back down to the entrance of the building, when I got outside my stomach began to churn. Laketown was up in flames just like Dale. I ran back the way I came looking for any sign of my family and Bard's along with the dwarves as well as Tauriel. Everyone was fleeing the burning town by boat.

"Lezarin!" I yelled but there were only distant screams and shouts. I kept running looking around trying to find any sign of them. My heart leapt when I saw them inside a boat. To me it looked like Bard's children were yelling and then Baine jumped out of the boat. I stepped forward a little and part of a burning house fell right in front of me. I quickly moved back then found Bane again. He was running with the black arrow in one hand. I ran the way he was running and crossed the water by jumping in a boat. "Baine!"

He looked to me as I swayed a little in the anchored boat. "Edlyn!? Follow me Father is on top of the bell tower! We must hurry!"

"No! Baine you must leave! You have to get out of here!" I yelled at him. Baine looked to the tower then to me.

"Sorry Edlyn!"

"No!" I leaned forward forgetting I was in water and fell straight in it. The water was freezing but I managed to swim back up grabbing a hold of the boat. I hoisted myself inside of it and laid there for a second. I then got up, pulling the anchor or of the water into the boat. There was nothing I could do for Baine; he was with his father anyways. So I grabbed the paddles and started rowing to the outskirts of Laketown. Burning buildings still fell, people still screamed off in the distance. Laketown was no more, it is now a ruin just like Dale.