Chapter 9...

I was running to the Barracks as fast as I could and for being as old as I was it was pretty fast. Everyone was starting to figure out that something bad was bound to happen. I was almost there when thump, anger rose in me as I looked into dark eyes.

"And where do you think you're going?" Alfred asked, with his harsh accent.

"None of your business, shouldn't you be with your Master? Didn't you see?" I turned and pointed to the sky as the flying figure was now even closer than before.

"Filthy woman! I know what you're up too, tryin' to save Bard are we!?" He seethed. I got the strong urge to punch the man.

"And if I am!?"

"Guards!" He called. I quickly kicked him in the shin and began running again. I heard him of in the distance groaning in pain and then there was a loud roar. The beast was almost here. "She went that way!" I heard Alfred shouting. Oh bullocks, they were after me. I quickly picked up my dress, running as fast as I could. I made sure to keep looking back, guards were everywhere.

"She's up there!" One shouted.

"A dragon!" Another said.

I saw that the one who shouted about me had now turned his attention to the sky. I finally got to the destination I needed to be, Bard was looking through the barred window. He looked down seeing me.

"Edlyn! What are you doing!?" He yelled.

"I've come to get you out of there!"

"And...how are you going to do that?" He chuckled. I heard a roar and saw fire rising from rooftops in the distance. People began to scream and run around. I started thinking quite quickly. An idea hit me and I pulled a hair pin out of my hair.

"With this!" I smiled, holding it up.

"Quickly! Against the wall more guards are on their way down!" I obeyed flattening myself against the wall as they burst through the doors beside me. Once each of them left going toward the dragon, I slipped inside the Barracks. I made sure to lock the door behind me so no one could get in or out. Along the way of getting to Bard people came to the cell doors reaching out at me. When I got to his cell I started working at the lock with the hair pin.

"I'm getting you out of here..."

"My children Edlyn?"

"They're safe," I look into his eyes. "I promise." I then continued trying to get him out of the cell.

"It's not going to work." He shook the bars causing me to drop the hair pin.

"Bard!"

"Edlyn, it won't work!" He paced back and forth a minute then ran to the window. "The whole towns almost in flames..."

"Bard, I don't know what else to do..."

"I know what to do, upstairs there are weapons. I want you to get me a bow and a quiver of arrows, can you do that for me Ed?"

"Yes but how-"

"With this," He said picking up a robe and smiling. "I'll meet you upstairs, there's a hole in the roof. Be safe Edlyn."

"I will." I gave him a smile then departed to get the bow and quiver. I was shaking as the sounds outside began bouncing around in my head. I'll I heard were screams, crackling of flames, and splashing water. All I could think about was Lezarin, Ardy, and Bard's children but I also thought of someone else in the very back of my mind.