Chapter 22...

We came to an old building where a very tall man stood with a grey pointed hat. He also carried a large staff, Bard stopped in front of him. "Mr. Gandalf...this is Edlyn." Bard said, walking up to the man. I instantly remembered my letter Thorin had written me.

"Ah, isn't she lovely!" The tall wizard smirked. "I don't mean to sound rude Lady Edlyn but you could almost pass for a dwarf, you are quite a small woman." Gandalf chuckled as he looked down at me.

"Well, maybe that's why I get along with dwarves and hobbits so well." I chuckled myself at this.

"You've met my hobbit, Mr, Bilbo Baggins?"

"He seems to be a very valuable asset to the company, from what I have heard." Bard looked over at me puzzled. Gandalf then looked at him.

"Bard...may I have a word with Lady Edlyn here alone?" He asked. Bard nodded and turning away from the wizard and I. For a few minutes, all I heard was the wind blowing around me. "I realize, you and Thorin had a past..."

"20 years ago, I stood in a city that was left in ruins, all I had were my friends and their daughter who was soon to be born. I blamed the man I loved for the death of my father along with the fall of Dale. I was young..." I forced a smile on my face as I looked up at Gandalf.

"Dear, how would we go on without making mistakes?" Gandalf asked. I dropped my head thinking of the letter. Gandalf slid his hand beneath my chin, tilting my head up. "Erebor was not the only thing Thorin Oakenshield set out for Lady Edlyn, for 20 years a dwarf prince had his princess on his mind. Thorin and his sister forgave you a long time ago."

My legs felt weak standing there staring into the wizard's eyes. He removed his hand from beneath my chin. "As did I..." It almost came out of my mouth as a whisper. My lip trembled, now I was struggling to hold back tears. I noticed Gandalf's face sadden. "He wrote me...a letter. I saw him, at first, he treated me like I was nothing, but it was because of the Dragon Sickness. He explained everything to me..."

"He mentioned Azog?" Gandalf asked, and I gave him a small nod.

"Indeed, he did." I looked to the sky the sun was starting to set. "What's wrong Gandalf?"

"That orc is beyond dangerous, he could be anywhere Edlyn. Throughout our journey he has been a bit of a problem. Be careful and stay safe, I will keep my eye on you and your family. It was nice to finally meet you."

"You as well Gandalf the Grey." With that I gave him a curtsy, along with a smile. He turned away walking into a fancy tent. I assumed that's where Thranduil's quarters were located for now. I began to walk back to the destroyed building where Ardy and Lez were. Lezarin was fast asleep and so was her father. I smiled at the sight. I figure it'd be best if I got some rest as well. I walked over and laid on the bed roll, staring up at the damaged, stone ceiling. My mind wandered to Thorin sitting on his throne. I wondered if he was thinking of me as much as I was laying here thinking of him.