Chapter 6

It's been a few weeks since camp started and Robbie and I have gotten really close. It's like I've known him my whole life. 

"You can't stand up in a kayak." I told him.

"Yeah I can." he protests.

I roll my eyes," Ok then prove it."

He smirks," Okay." 

He carefully puts the ore down and stands up slowly, "See? It's possible." 

"Ok you win. Now sit down before you fall." 

"You mean like this?" He pretends to wobble and then falls into the lake. Moments late his head pops up. 

"Idiot now you're all wet." I laugh.

"Just help me back in." he holds out his hand.

I take it as he pulls me into the freezing lake. I should've seen it coming.

"Robbie!" I squeal. 

He starts laughing then to shut him up I splash him with water. 

"Oh you wanna play? Let's play." We start splashing each other until I turn around and see that Robbie isn't there.

"Robbie? Robbie?" I ask looking around the area. I didn't see anyone close enough to hear me. All of a sudden I feel a tug on my leg and I'm pulled underwater. Moments later my head reaches the surface and I see Robbie in front of me.

"I'm so gonna get you next time." I say with a smile growing on my face.

"Oh yeah I'd like to see you try." he laughs and goes back underwater again. 

I laugh and feel myself get pulled under again. We both head up back to land and see Britney with her arms crossed.

"I know this is camp and we're suppose to have fun but this is not playtime. You two go and get cleaned up and come back as soon as you're done." Britney says trying not to raise her voice to loud so that the kids can't hear us. 

We both get out of the water and make our way back to the cabins. I give Robbie a smile and head into my cabin. I take a shower and dry myself. Then I throw on some clean shorts and my sisters extra camp t-shirt from last year. By the time I'm ready to go back to the camp station its lunch time. I just make my way to the dinning hall. 

"Hey what happened with Britney and you?" Lauren asked.

"What do you mean what happened between us?" 

"She's going on about Robbie and you." Lexi told me.

"Ugh she should let it go. All we did was have a little water fight. She doesn't have to make a big deal out of it." 

"She's making a big deal out of you two just splashing each other with water?" Lexi asks in disbelief ," That is so stupid and over dramatic." 

"I know. She's such a drama queen. She's always been like this." Lauren says.

I watch as she goes over to Robbie. She's laughing and giggling and luckily he doesn't seem impressed. I see him scan the room looking for someone. His eyes land on me and smiles. I smile back and give a tiny wave. He mouths the words 'meet up later?'. I nod my head. Britney looks my way and gives me a glare. I look away and rejoin the conversation with my friends.

"Did I just see sparks fly between you two?" Lauren giggles.

"Pft no." I say trying hard not to blush but it's obviously showing.

"Look Lauren she's blushing. She's totally crazy about him." Lexi says.

"We're just friends. We're really good friends."

"Ok. You guys are friends." Lexi said as she put air quotes around the word friends. 

"Ok but do you guys see Britney making the meanest stare at us right now." Lauren says.

"Yeah. It's probably cause she likes Robbie." I said. 

"As if he'd go for her. He's too good for her." Lauren says.

"You know who I think he'd be perfect for?" Lexi asks in a singing voice.

"Megan!" They chime in together.

I roll my eyes, "Listen I gotta go. I'll see you tonight!" 

I head to my camp station and finish out my day. Occasionally I got stares from Britney but its not like I actually cared. After the campers leave I'm in charger of cleaning up. All the counselors leave except Robbie.

"Hey need some help?" he asks.

"Um." I look around, "not really. I just have to put some chairs away and restock cups."

"Ok well I'll see you after dinner."  he said.

"Yeah. See ya." I watch him walk away. 

I finish tidying up and it's 30 minutes till dinner. I run to my cabin and change to an off the shoulder  white top. I hang out in my room until Lauren and Lexi come. 

"Come on let's go get dinner I'm starving!" Lauren says.

"Where were you anyway?" Lexi asks me.

"Ugh Britney had me clean up our station after. It was probably for that stunt I pulled." I laugh, "Let's go I heard they're serving tacos." 

We go have dinner and eat really quickly. Lexi wants to hang out with her new friends so she meets up with them and Lauren has a staff meeting. It's just me in my cabin but it's nice. With all the crickets chirping and fireflies. I'm lying on my bed when I hear someone knock on my door. I jump up and answer it.

"Hey ready to go?" he asks.

"Yeah. " I walk outside to the dock with him in silence. I hear counselors laughing in the distance and the crackling of a fire. 

"Can you believe Britney today?" He laughed.

"I know. This is not playtime." I mock. 

"She tried flirting with me at lunch." 

"Yeah I saw. It was really funny how hard she was trying." 

"I told her I like someone." he said.

"You did?" 

"Yeah." 

"She's really lucky."

"Yeah she is." He says looking at me.

I notice the sparkle in his eyes. Just talking about her makes him light up. I hope that whoever she is she treats him well, "Well who is it?" 

He stares into my eyes. He grabs my hand and laces his fingers into mine. I don't have time to process before I feel his lips on mine. He pulls away and studies my face.

"Robbie... I don't like you that way. You have been so sweet and nice to me. I didn't mean to hurt you." 

"No it's fine. I shouldn't have kissed you. I... I gotta go." he stutters and get up and walks away.

"Robbie wait!" I run after him.

"Don't bother. Bye Megan. I'll see you tomorrow." he says coldly.

Hi!! I just wanted to let you know that I'm writing a book (maybe series) based on The Selection Series By Kiera Cass. The book is called Selected Thats all! Also thanks for reading this story so far! I really appreciate it.

Isabella