Chapter 19

Waves crash on the shore as the water hits my feet. The cool breeze runs through my hair. It's calm and quiet which is perfect way to end a vacation at the beach. The sun is just rising making it a wonderful view. It reminds me of how I went to the dock every morning to see the sun rise and the water calmly flow. My phone buzzes and Lauren texts me that it's time to check out. For the the last time I inhale the smell of salt water and look at the beach for the last time before heading to the hotel.

"I brought your stuff down for you." Lauren says pointing at my suitcase.

"Thanks. Normally I wouldn't go to the beach but it was just such a nice morning for it." I told her.

"Well I'm hungry you can tell me about it at breakfast." she laughs.

We walk down to the buffet and see our mom and dad at a table. We put our stuff with them and rush to the food. Lauren fills her plate with sausage, eggs, fruit, cereal and more. I just make a simple waffle and add some syrup on the side. We find our parents and take a seat with them.

"Hello girls, how was the vacation?" my mom smiles.

"It was great." Lauren says through bites.

"Yeah. I really liked the separate rooms. We didn't have to be with you all the time." I laugh a tiny bit.

"How is Robbie?" she raises and eyebrow.

"Um... He's doing fine." I quickly lie," we're doing fine."

"Well we're about to leave. Want to say goodbye to him before we go?"

"He's busy and we have to go if we're gonna be home by five." I protest.

"Sweetie it's fine if we're a few minutes late."

"No I don't want to say goodbye. It will just hurt more."

"Oh. Ok. Well we better get going then." her voice get's quiet.

We throw away the trash and grab our bags and head to the car. I throw my stuff in the trunk. I feel like I'm missing something. I reach in my pocket and don't feel my phone.

"I think I left my phone on the table where we we're having breakfast. Can I go back and get it?"

"Make it quick." my mom says.

I rush back in and head to the table. My phone's not there. My heart pounds, my face starts to heat up. Where did it go? Don't panic just yet. Maybe someone brought it to the main desk. I walk up the desk and the lady sitting in front of the computer looks at me.

"Hi. Um... I've seem to have misplaced my phone do you have it?" I shyly ask.

"Let me get the lost and found and I'll see." she gets up from the computer and goes in the back.

Moment's later she comes out with a plastic bin labeled with 'Lost and Found.'

"It's a rose gold iphone 6s." I describe to her.

"Let's see. I know someone brought a phone up today." she moves items and keeps looking until see finally pulls out my phone," here you go."

"Thank you so much." I put a smile on my face. I put my phone back in my pocket and start to head back to the car.

"Megan wait!" I hear Robbie's voice.

"What are you doing here?" I turn around looking at him.

He walks towards me,"I couldn't leave without saying goodbye."

"Why? We broke up you shouldn't be here. I have to go anyway. Just leave me alone."

"I'm here because I love you and I don't want to choose between you because I've already chosen you." he said.

"If you said that yesterday maybe I would've stayed. You didn't though you hesitated. I love you doesn't count after we said goodbye."

"I know but please listen-" he insists.

"I think I've heard enough. I have to go. Bye Robbie." I coldly cut him off turing my back towards him and walking out the door.

I run to the car and hop in the back,"I got my phone back let's go."

We pull out of the lot and drive far away from the hotel. I watch it in the rearview mirror as it gets smaller and smaller.

~Flashback Ends~

I'm so mad I can't stop thinking about him and it's been a month. This whole Robbie thing was just a fling. It will only be a fling. He's with Tori now. He's moved on and he's happy while I'm still trying to get over this broken heart. It's my senior year I should be focusing on more important things like college and graduating spending these last few moments with my friends and family. I shouldn't be wasting it over some stupid guy. I bet he hasn't thought of me since I left. He has Tori to distract him. I'm so lame still going on about them. I need to move on. If he's moved on then I need to move on. I keep looking at my phone hoping that his name lights up on my screen. But I made is perfectly clear that I don't want to him to chase me. What if I made a mistake. I didn't give the second chance a chance. All I knew is that I felt suffocated and hurt and that I couldn't stand to see his face. Sure that may have been bad but it could've gotten better. Maybe... probably not.

"Megan it's been weeks he's not going to text you." Lauren says as she enters the room.

"I know. I just keep thinking he is. I want him to." I sigh.

"What would happen if he did text you. What would you even do?"

My mind went blank as I try to find an answer to this question. It seems so simple yet I can't find an answer. I shrug,"I don't know... why don't I just wait till he texts me?"

"I'm sorry Megan but he's not gonna text you. You need to give up on him. You need to spend time with your friends. You need to go to a Friday night football and eat cheese fries. Lexi and I miss you being happy and independent. I was wrong pushing you towards him." she confesses.

"I know, I know I just can't stop thinking what would happen if he did? Would he want me back?"

"It doesn't matter. Turn your phone off and give it to me." she extends her hand as she waits for me to put my phone in her hand.

"No! I won't touch it. Just don't take it."

"I can't trust you. How do I know you're not you won't turn it back on when I'm not looking? It's only for the rest of the night." she tells me.

This is good for me and he's bad for you. I turn my phone off and hand it to Lauren.

"Thank you! Now let's go have fun!"

__________

A/n
Hey!! I just want to thank you guys for all the likes and reads!!! It means a lot that you enjoy this book! Also I'm writing a new book called Run Away. So check it out!

Thanks!