Epilouge

I look out the window in the kitchen and see a car pull into the driveway. Tiny footsteps rush down the hall and towards the door.

"Mommy! Mommy! Daddy's home!" my three year old daughter Vanessa giggles as she runs up to the door to greet him.

I smile as she dances around the room waiting for him to walk in. The door opens and Robbie walks through the door with a big smile on his face.

"Daddy!" Vanessa squeals as she jumps into his arms.

"Hi sweetie. How was your day?" he asks as he swings her around in a hug.

"Good! I want to show you this painting I drew for you!" she runs back to her room and Robbie looks at me smiling.

"Hey. How was your day?" he kisses my cheek.

"Tiring but fun." I laugh, "These two are hard to catch up with."

"Speaking of two how's the other one?" he asks me about our five month old Olivia.

"Just put her down for a nap five minutes ago." I tell him.

Vanessa comes running back into the room showing Robbie a picture of a flower she drew today. I watch him teach her how to draw and add small details. I remember him teaching me back at camp. The scenery from the dock that he taught me to draw one night. I smile creeps onto my face when I thought of that. The way he was patient with me. I look around and realize how happy I am. I have a wonderful husband and two amazing kids. If someone told eighteen year old me that in eight years this is where I would be I would laugh. Life is just full of surprises I guess. Like when Robbie surprised me at graduation and proposed to me that night.

Now at 26 I have a great job as a school psychologist where I work with kids and I love it. Robbie owns a small business that's growing everyday and becoming more successful.  He still does art on the side as an activity. Life has been good to us and I can't ask for anything better.

"Mommy! Can you tell me how you and daddy met?" Vanessa asks taking my hand and leading me to the living room and having me sit next to Robbie.

"Well..." I smile as I look at him," it all started when I went to camp."