Chapter 16

I'm crazy for doing this. I feel crazy. I know I shouldn't go back to him. It's stupid. I fell hard and didn't see the end. I know how this whole thing ends. It ends with him breaking my heart. I need to know if he still likes her. I keep glancing at the phone in my hand. Should I? Should I be impulsive and just go for it? Would I get any answers by doing this? Would I regret doing this? Or regret not doing this? I open iMessage and type quickly and hit the send button. There it's sent. Now I just have to wait. Anxiously placing it on the table I pace around the room. This is ridiculous. I'm waiting for a stupid text from a stupid boy. Maybe I shouldn't have even texted him in the first place.

My phone lights up. Robbie's name on the screen. My heart speeds up. I unlock my phone and open up to messages right away.

What was I thinking!? What if I don't have anything to say? What do I want from this? I'm so in over my head about this

What was I thinking!? What if I don't have anything to say? What do I want from this? I'm so in over my head about this. Should I cancel? I look at the clock. Damn, I have to leave in 15 minutes. I can't just cancel anyway that would be rude. I throw on some makeup and walk out the door. I walk to the nearest Starbucks and see him there. He's sitting in the corner and the lights hitting him so perfectly. He sees me and waves his hand at me. I slowly walk towards him and take a seat.

"Um... Thanks for meeting me." I awkwardly say.

"Yeah. Uh... I got you a mocha. You told me you liked those." he hands me my drink.

"Oh thanks. Do you want me to pay you back?"

"No, no it's fine."

There was a pause. He was looking out the window and I was staring down at my drink. I don't even know why I did this. We aren't speaking.

"I'm really sorry." He breaks the silence.

"I know you are."

"I miss you a lot. I want us to get back together."

"I miss you a lot too. If we get back together I feel like it wouldn't be the same. Actually it wouldn't because you kissed her." I hear my voice getting a little loud.

"She kissed me." He defends himself.

"That's what you say. But you kissed her back."

"For like 2 seconds. Not even a big deal."

"It is a big deal. It was 2 seconds more than it should've been. Robbie I want us to get back together but I can't trust you."

"I know and I wish I could take it back. I'd do anything to have you back."

"Do you still like her? Do you still have feelings for her?"

"What?? No! Once I realized what was happening I snapped out of it. I love you. I really do. That shouldn't have happened and it shouldn't have happened."

"But it did. We can't change it we can only move forward."

"Then let's get back together. I never meant to hurt you. Please give me a second chance." he pleads.

"I'll think about it. I have to go. Thanks for the coffee." I get up and walk out as fast as I can.

__________

"Lauren he wants us to get back together." I tell her pacing her hotel room.

"Well what are you going to do about it?" she asks.

"I don't know. I just don't want to be hurt again. But getting hurt is so hard to avoid. When I was with him it was a risk I'm willing to take but looking at it now. Not so much. I want to go back to him and make things right and okay again but I don't think they'll be the same."

"They won't. You guys need a fresh start. A blank canvas. There's too much drama with him and Tori. Don't forget that Britney was after him for a while."

"Yeah but Britney was irrelevant. She tried but she lost. Now... I think I'm losing. I feel like I'm centimeter away from him. So close but not there yet."

"He apologized for kissing her I don't think there's anything else to do."

"I know but what if it happens again? I'll be to fool who went back to some guy who kissed his ex."

"I think you're making this a big thing. It's not. She made the first move. He kissed her back but stopped. He apologized now move on."

"I could make or break this."

"The choice is up to you."

"Why does this have to be so difficult?"

"I know. It was difficult breaking up with Justin." Lauren sighs.

"What? You broke up with him? Why?"

"It just wasn't working. We tried to get together again and his schedule isn't working and then he said we should be with other people which means he is with other people." she starts to cry.

"Lauren, I am so sorry this happened. When did this happen?"

"A few weeks ago. I just didn't want to ruin our summer. I didn't want to bum you out with my problems. I wanted to take care of my little sister."

"You're older by two minutes shut up." I laugh, "Lauren you could've told me that though."

"I didn't want to. You have enough problems I didn't want to bombard you with mine."

"You should have. We're there for each other." I told her.

"It's okay though. I haven't told you but I found someone too." she said.

"Really? When? How?"

"I'll tell you tomorrow. We can have some dinner or something. You need to tell Robbie something don't you?"

I nod my head,"Yep choosing or losing."

_____________

I walk to the pier and see Robbie leaning on the rail looking at the ocean.

"Thanks for meeting me again."

"Yeah. What did you want to talk about?"

"Us I-"

"I don't want to talk about us."

"No listen. I want us to try to get back together. I just need time to trust you again."

"You can trust me again." he said.

"Well you need to prove it. We won't be the same as we were but I think we can make it work."

"I really want it too. I've been going crazy without you by my side."

"Me too. I have to go but Lauren is letting me meet her new boyfriend. So it will be a double date thing. I'll text you more details later."

"I'll see you tomorrow then." he gives a tiny smile and I walk away.