Still Their Daughter

Sapphire's P.O.V.

"What do you mean you think it's Niall's baby?" She asked more frantically than I had expected.

To be honest I had no idea what to expect at this point.

I have given it quite some thought and I've come to the conclusion that I made a lot of mistakes in the past few months.

In no way am I denying that I had unprotected sex with Harry. There's no going back. You can't change history. I know it happened.

But was that my fault?

No.

If Tori hadn't been such a psycho and handed a drinking newbie, i.e. Me, a ton of mixed alcoholic beverages and practically pushed me into Harry's room, I would probably be married right now.

I'd be baby free, married, most likely studying to be a forensic scientist and most of all, with the love of my life.

It's crazy how far envy can push you.

Never in my life would I have imagined to be like this.

Who am I kidding, I never even imagined having a boyfriend let alone getting engaged and falling in love.

I have to admit. I was scared to fall in love initially. Scared to accept that all I would be drawn to is someone who can easily break my walls and build them back up so quickly. For the most, scared of devastating heartbreak.

Being so studious, I've read countless books that changed my overall opinion on the world.

Fictional characters that have the biggest impact on my developing mind.

Books made me think that love is all in the mind. Nothing to do with the heart.

According to A Maiden's Tale, love is a profoundly tender and passionate affection for another person.

According to Mind Over Matter, love is just an illusion. You see people doing it. You hear about it, so your brain tricks you into believing that you want it. That you need it.

For example, love can sometimes be magic. But magic is just an illusion.

Personally, I hate to go against an author's work but what I felt for Niall James Horan was no where near fictional.

My brain had absolutely nothing to do with any of my emotions toward him.

My brain couldn't even function properly when I was around him. My heart picked up speed every time I heard his name. People would call me future Mrs. Horan whenever I fazed off in order to get my attention. What can I say? Worked every time.

The funny thing is, those feelings haven't faded.

If anything they grew.

Especially after that kiss.

The passion that we shared was still present. It felt like nothing had changed. But it did.

That day of the wedding had to be the definite worst day of my nineteen years on earth.

It isn't easy watching the love of your life slip from your fingers right before your eyes. Like golden sand next to the brim of the shore.

When he left that church, my heart left with him. Everything that ever mattered suddenly disappeared.

I didn't care about everyone sitting there and staring, mouths agape probably judging me for everything I was.

A cheater. A coward. A blonde high school graduate getting into something that'll scar her life. Something she'll never forget.