Can't Love What You Can't Have

Niall's P.O.V.

"This is the worst fucking day ever." I screamed furiously as I got to my room. Luckily, it was just my brother and I in the house making every sound echo. 

He was probably hooking up with some random girl in his room anyway. Once a player, always a player.

The thoughts from today ran through my mind as I tried to mentally erase each and every single one of them.

I mean I love Harry like a brother but, for Sapphire, its a completely different story.

Brotherhood has no say in this. 

I can barely even get her to notice me,  let alone hang out. We do talk all the time and text almost every second but...I just want her in my arms and not just miserable daydreams in my head.

*Bzzzzzz!*

Ugh. Who the fuck could that be? The only person I want to text now is-

Sapphire? 

Holy crap!  Its her! She just texted me.  Act cool.  Don't blow it...Wait..She can't even see me... Idiot. 

*Text Conversation *

  Sapphire: 'Hey Ni.'

Me: 'Sup Fire?" I began calling her that a while ago and she made mention to me that she liked it so I've been abusing it ever since.

Sapphire: 'I got news but...you probably won't care'

Me: 'That's impossible. Try me.'

Sapphire: 'Okay... So I  just got back from my date with Harry and it was all good. I haven't seen my friends yet so I need someone to obsess with.'

Me: 'Cool...Well I'd love to chat with you but something just came up. I'll talk to you later❤️'

Sapphire: 'Sure. Later I guess'

Great thinking. 'Something came up'
Really?

All I needed was an excuse. I completely blew it. I really did want to talk to her.

Every time her name flashes on my screen, my heart jumps a little. I usually text her first but it just arises something in me thinking about how I was on her mind at that moment.

Hearing about Harry just got me so fucking envious. Knowing that he's the one she wants just kills me every time I hear him mention how gorgeous she is. 

As if I can't see that.

I just get so pissed knowing that he would only play her.  I have got to do something about this before she actually falls for him.  Love will seriously make you do crazy shit.

Sapphire's P.O.V.

To say that my date with Harry was a success would be a huge understatement.

It was epic.

We just went to the fair and the most romantic date ever, considering I've only been on about three actual dates, it was the best.

I know. I'm eighteen and I've only been on three dates. Can you blame me?

When you're a hideous nerd, not that many boys actually want to socialize with you.

He let me share his cotton candy and we held hands at the top of the ferris wheel. That definitely caught me off guard. I didn't think that Harry was the holding hands kind of guy.

I texted Niall as approached the door to my house. I probably shouldn't have wore these sky high shoes to a fair.  All to impress a boy...

He better love me after this.

Then again they sure did make me look sexy in my opinion and apparently Harry's as well. 

'Hey Ni'
I texted him and got a response a few seconds later. Wow. 'Sup Fire' I loved it when he called me that. Oh great. Now I have to tell him that I just got home from my date with Harry.  He might be way uninterested but...hey...he asked
right?

If he really wants to know that much. I texted him some details and he just replied with...cool. Cool?!

He's suppose to be happy for us.  He's Harry's best friend. Then again I could just be another hook up.

I kicked that thought to the back of my head as I entered my house.

Guess who's already waiting for me. 

That's right, the two gorgeous sluts Kacey and Tori. They may be extremely childish but I love them anyway.

I could tell how eager they were to bombard me with questions.

"Hello Sapphire." they both said in unison.

Ready. Set. Go! 

"Who let you two cockroaches in? Don't you have a ton of homework?" I asked hoping they would get the hint to leave.

"Well...we came to look for our English books..." Tori started.

"But then we remembered about your little date with Harry."  Kacey said winking at me. "So...How was it?" she asked. 

"Fun..." I retorted unenthusiastically.  But really, I just wanted to blurt out every single thing that happened. I can't now. Niall completely ruined my mood.

"You know we can get you to talk so why try to fight it? " I can't keep it in any anymore. 

"It was amazing," I started. My smile perked up at the thought.

"He's just so..." I trailed on, trying to find fitting words.

"Hot? " Kacey asked with a smug perverted smirk. Kind of like Harry's. 

"No. I mean yes, but that's not what I wanted to say."  I interrupted her.

"Sure it wasn't..." Tori said. 

"Whatever bitch." We call each other the most horrible names ever. But I guess that's how we show our love. 

"Hey I'm not the one who has both Harry and Niall practically fighting for my attention." She fired back.

"What? Okay first of all you have more than the entire soccer team fighting for you; second, you are both delusional. And third, where the hell does Niall fit into this?

"Are you kidding me? He's  always staring at you. Especially today when Harry asked you to  hang out " Tori said all annoyance present in her voice.

Despite going out with countess guys every other week, she always did have the biggest crush on him.

"He is head over heels in love with you idiot."  We should really stop with the tough love insults.

"I really don't need this you know. You guys can go home now." I said blatantly.

"But-" I cut them off by pushing them out the door. Not too hard but just enough to get them out.

I need a nice hot bath to get my mind off of all this drama. Useless drama.