Goodbye

~Karkat~

The fire was starting to fizzle out while I finally put my armor on. I strapped my sheath on my back silent and then tip-toed to the princess. "Fef." I whispered. She fluttered her eyes open slowly and confusedly. "C'mon, get up. We're leaving." She sat up and looked over to Dave "Aren't you gonna wake him up? He's not even ready yet." I looked over to him, it kind of hurt to leave and take his hope with me. "No, uh, Dave can't come where we're going." She started to look suspicious and angry, "What do you mean Karkat? Surely he's coming with us?" I shook my head no. "No! I won't go with just you!" I'm starting to get frustrated with this fuschia-blood. "Listen, Princess. Do you want me die? Because that's whats gonna happen if you don't come with me right now ." She opened her eyes wide and slipped on her shoes. "What do I have to do?" she whispered. "We leave him now. We go to Alternia. And I live." She stood up and I grabbed her wrist. "Let's go." She scowled at me one more time. "What about Dave, will he die too?"  I glanced at him and scoffed. "His life isn't even in any danger."

-Dave-

Crunching leaves amongst a dim fire. There was a clink of armor and a flash of grey before my eyes whisked me back to sleep. When I opened them again my two troll companions were gone, leaving a smothered fire. Suddenly, I'm filled with rage.  How dare they?! How dare Karkat! After everything we went through! I screamed out loud and kicked the fire in frustration. "Ungrateful little brat!" I sliced a tree with my sword. "I was gonna SAVE THE WORLD!" I threw branches. "I  was gonna KILL THE EMPRESS!" Silence.  I mean....he did it to save his life...right? I could....give him a brake. Wait, wait, no that's stupid! Earth could've protected him, we could've protected him, I could have protected him! This just shows that he's mentally weak! He doesn't think! How could I think I could trust him! HOW COULD I THINK I COULD BE A HERO.

{HOURS EARLIER}

~Karkat~

Feferi silently walked behind me in the darkness, with the travel Feferi and I made after Dave passed out we should be there soon. I looked back at the princess and saw her disappointed face. She never wanted to leave Dave there but we didn't have a choice. Taking him with us would've meant he'd die. She knows that....right? Anyway, it doesn't matter. 

Torch lights from the walls surrounding Alternia began to show through the sparse trees. "We're here." I spoke. Piexes wouldn't look me in the eyes. Suddenly I heard a cart about to come past, so we hid in the brush. That's when I heard the voice of a couple high-blooded guards. "Do you think he'll make it back with her in time?" Says one. "I bet that he won't" says the other. The laugh in unison. "I kind of feel bad for the guy." Says the first. "Whys that?" Says the second. "Well I mean, he's pathetic," the first starts, "even if he does make it back in time, it doesn't matter. Her Imperiousness will cull him anyway. She said so herself at that announcement yesterday. 'Their race will finally be vanquished!' or something like that." The other nods at his friends comment, "She should've just culled him right away and then sent the drones to pick the princess up." They nod together again and continue walking. I heard Feferi's heavy breathing beside me and she stood up, face as pink as a strawberry. To say the least, she looked PISSED. I quickly pulled her back down before the high-bloods noticed and looked her right in the eye. We both knew we were leaving. there was a stable of dragons nearby. With those, we'll make it to the kingdom of Earth by sunrise.

{current time}

I glanced over the area, scanning for footprints. Sure enough there they were. I'll show him. I'll give that little traitor a PIECE OF MY MIND! Ugh I can't BELIEVE this. Then there was a flock of Alternian Dragons above my head. Stupid dragons, stupid Alternia! I looked straight up at the dragon hoard and put my middle finger up and shouted "FUCK YOU!" Louder than I thought was possible. It turned out to be a bad idea because the dragon crusaders decided to land on the ground and meet their greeter. The trolls were a bunch of purple-blooded juggalos. The tallest of the six hopped off his dragon and looked me over. "Now that wasn't very nice," he said in a low, raspy voice, "why don't you get on your knees and apologize human?" I looked him in his disgusting purple eyes. "Like hell I will." There was a moment there where I could feel all of their eyes on me in anger. The leader obviously had no patience for humans because he immediately stabbed me in the leg. I groaned in agony and let out a little screw you and sliced his fucking head off. Unlucky for him that I don't take bullshit either. Purple blood stained my sword. The other men who were with him began to shoot arrows and swing clubs at me. No way was I getting out of here with a dragon. Then I had a sudden memory flash. I reached into my pack and pulled out an orange bottle. I'm not staying here after all. I whipped it open and an orange swirl surrounded me so that I couldn't see. When it cleared I had two large feather orange wings attached to my back. They had an obvious transparency showing their weakness. I kicked off the ground right away and shot into the open air. "I'd love to stay and chat," I shouted "but I want to let you live your life a bit longer." I then zoomed towards the kingdom of Earth in the afternoon sun, arrows trailing behind me. This is going to be a bad day.

(Edit: Yo! It's my birthday! January 22nd! Also if any of you have a really good idea for a homestuck AU that you might want me to use then just tell me the ship and the general plot for it and I might make it into a thing because I can't seem to find any more ideas atm... I'd need a new one for when this one finishes.)