Chapter Thirty-Eight

I invited Kel, Soph, and Tiff over to help Josh and I plan our Masquerade Ball. We are having it in Vegas on New Years! Kel and Josh are calling, emailing and texting people about it and us girls are trying to figure out what we are going to wear. I mean, its a masquerade ball! We are looking at dresses online and see a few we like. We decide to head over to the dress shop to try them on. We get to the shop and we are whisked away to the back were we try on our dresses. Tiffany is the first to choose her dress. It's beautiful and looks amazing on her. I pick mine next, A blue and brown tulle gown with a baby blue waist and peacock designs on the bodice continuing down the torso. I love mine and Soph chooses hers next.

A Jovani Carmel colored gown with peacock embellishments on the bodice, torso, and peacock feathers as the bottom and train of the gown. All of us went with the peacock theme. We return to my house and Kel and Josh are sitting on the couch. "We got our dresses!" Soph says. Soph and Tiff decide to leave there dresses in my closet. "So did you invite people?" I ask. "A lot of people actually and we are leaving for Vegas in two days!" Josh says. "Awesome!" Tiff says. Everyone leaves after we eat dinner and Josh and I sit in the living room watching E! "Today paparazzi got a shot of Amanda Black, Sophia Avery and Amanda's long time friend Tiffany were seen going into a dress shop. Is this for Amanda's wedding? Everyone is speculating but an inside source has told us that Amanda and fiancée Josh Hutcherson are planning a huge masquerade ball in Vegas! Now we are not sure if this is true but everyone is buzzing about this power couple!" "It's wonderful how paparazzi can get a picture of everything." Josh says. "Oh I don't care." I say. We head to bed after a long day of masquerade ball planning!

When I wake in the morning I hear talking downstairs. I get in the shower and put on a pair of quilted leggings and a large sweater and put on my Uggs and head downstairs. I come downstairs and see Jen sitting on my couch. "Hey Jen!" I say hugging her. "Hey girl, I'm sorry I couldn't be a bridesmaid." She says. "As long as your there I don't care." I say. She smiles and starts talking about the masquerade ball and how she got a Dior gown. I roll my eyes and we all talk about the excitement of Vegas! Josh says that he has someone decorating it for us tomorrow so when we get there it will be ready and we can put the finishing touches on it. Soph invites me over so we can hang before going to Vegas. Before to long I have to leave. I hug Kellan and Sophia and head home.

When I get home Josh is already asleep. We have to leave around 6am. I get in bed and curl up in the warm blankets. "How was Soph and Kellans?" Josh asks between yawns. "Well you know them." I say. "Come here." He says. He wraps his arms around me and kisses my cheek. "I love you!" He whispers. "I love you too! You are the anchor that holds me!" I whisper. He kisses my cheek before laying his head back on his pillow. I fall asleep in his warm embrace!