26.

+Liam+

"You told me that nothing would change while I was gone." Sam stared me straight in the eye and a tear fell down her cheek. I wanted to reach over and wipe it away but she stepped back before I could do anything. "I bet you two hooked up the second I left. Please tell me, Liam. Did you really think that I would never find out? I can barely even look at you." I couldn't think of what to say.

"We broke up." I stumbled over my words, knowing that I sounded like a complete and utter idiot.

"You promised." Sam practically shouted, her voice breaking. "You fucking promised me that you wouldn't do anything. I trusted you." I couldn't even describe how upset she looked. All because of me.

"Sam, please." I all but begged and she shook her head, backing out of the room.

"C'mon," I looked behind her to see Gemma watching me with a frown.

Gemma tugged Sam away and I stood frozen in my place. The front door closed and I cursed myself, finding my clothes. I felt completely disgusted with myself. I put on my jeans and t-shirt, jogging to the door. I ran outside and noticed Gemma's car drive away.

"Shit, shit, shit." I mumbled to myself and went back inside, sitting on the couch. I messed up.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sam, c'mon. Just come back to the car." I slowly opened my eyes to see Sam stumbling through the door, Emily behind her.

"No," She hiccuped and I sat up on the couch. "I have to talk to Liam."

"Sam," I said quietly and she tripped over herself, coming into the living room. I now realized that she was drunk.

"No, you're going to listen." She pointed at me and Emily sighed, stepping back. "I trusted you. Do you not get how much you hurt me? You told me that you would wait. I'm sorry that I went away, but you didn't have to do that to me. I mean, Adriana, really? She's the reason that you almost lost me in high school. Guess what Liam? She did it again. You have officially lost me. I have given you so many chances and I can't keep doing it. I don't want to be hurt anymore." Sam finished and a tear fell down her face, making me face fall. "You break my heart over and over again and you wanna know the worst part? I don't hate you. Please tell me how I still am head over heels for you, because, trust me, I don't want to be."

"Sam, please just listen to me." I pleaded.

Sam just shook her head, stepping backwards. She stumbled over her own feet and fell on her bottom, an 'oomph' leaving her lips. Tears filled my eyes as she broke down, tears slipping down her flushed cheeks. I stepped closer and bent down to help her stand.

"No, just stop." She sobbed, scooting away from me and a tear leaked out of my eye. "I hate how you do this to me because it fucking sucks, Liam. It sucks." Emily helped her up from the floor and pulled her away from me.

"Harry and I are coming to pick up her stuff tomorrow." Emily said, leading Sam to the door.

"Please just bring her and let me talk to her tomorrow." I begged, sniffling, and Emily shook her head.

"I don't think you can fix this one, Liam." Emily said and a sob fell from my lips.

"I didn't mean to." I cried and she just rolled her eyes.

"You really messed up this time." She said before leaving the apartment with Sam behind her.

Once the door was shut, I completely broke down. I fell to the floor as cries ripped their way out of my throat and I leaned against the door, curling into myself. It felt like I couldn't breathe and I hiccuped, trying to calm down. I haven't cried this hard since my dad died.

"Liam, open up." I heard Harry from outside the door and I stood up, swinging the door open. "Stop crying, you did this to yourself." He rolled his eyes, walking in and I shut the door.

"If you're just going to lecture me, you can leave. I know I fucked up. I don't need to hear it again." I sniffled and Harry sighed.

"Why'd you do it?" He asked and I plopped down in the kitchen chair.

"I don't even know." I sighed, rubbing my face. "I'm so stupid. Especially because I did it with Adriana."

"Do you know the whole reason she hates her so much?" Harry asked and I nodded.

"Adriana and her just never got along. She was always trying to take me away." I said and Harry furrowed his eyebrows.

"She didn't tell you the whole story?" He asked and I cocked an eyebrow. " Adriana used to bully her in high school. Remember when she had that black eye, busted lip and a bunch of bruises and just told you that she fell down the stairs?" I nodded. "Adriana had her friends beat her up."

"No, you're making that up." I stuttered and Harry scoffed.

"Are you kidding me? Everyone knows how bad of a liar Sam is. I would think you would have been the first to know that falling down the stairs wasn't true. At dinner tonight, she barely ate anything and just drank. She went to rehab for a reason and what you did could send her right back. Sam is practically my sister and I hate to see her like this. I know you do too. If you weren't my best friend, I would have punched you in the face by now." I laughed a little and tapped my cheek.

"Go ahead. I deserve it." I said and Harry laughed, sitting down next to me.

"Now, we are going to figure out how you can get her back because Sam is always happy with you and I want her happy."