36.

"Sam, you ready?" Liam called up the stairs and I quickly stepped into my shoes, jogging out of the room.

I quickly went down the stairs, knowing that we had reservations, and almost tripped down the stairs. Liam looked up as I stumbled in and laughed at my clumsiness, grabbing my hand. We left the house and began walking down the street since the restaurant wasn't too far away. And since we would most likely be drinking tonight, I didn't want to risk driving.

"We might not make it through dinner with you in that dress." Liam said and I laughed, nudging his shoulder.

I looked down at my shoes as we walked and Liam grabbed my hand as we got to the restaurant. We walked inside and I noticed everyone at a large table in the back. We made our way over there and I received hugs from everyone along with many 'happy birthday's'. I sat down next to Emily, with Liam on my other side, and ordered a drink.

"What did you guys do today?" Gemma asked and I swallowed my wine, crossing one leg over the other under the table.

"Liam made me breakfast and then we just hung out." I shrugged. "Nothing too spectacular."

"What did you get her?" Louis asked Liam and Liam just smiled.

"It's a surprise." I rolled my eyes at his mysteriousness and Emily laughed.

Everyone ordered after a while and we all made conversation while eating. After a while, Gemma announced that it was present time and handed me a big bag. I laughed a little at how excited she was and pulled the tissue paper out of the bag, pulling out a small box. I smiled, seeing a set of coffee mugs and a big thing of coffee grounds.

"Thanks, Gem." I smiled and she reached across the table, giving me a hug.

"My turn." Harry said and handed me a bag.

I opened it and pulled out a new camera bag that I have had my eye on for the last few months. I squealed and gave him a hug. Emily gave me a box and I opened it, revealing a bunch of sweaters and t-shirts. I laughed because she knew of my love for thrift shop sweaters and sat the box on the ground with everything else.

"My turn." Liam handed me a box and I smiled, tearing the paper off.

I opened the lid and noticed an envelope on top. I pulled it out and Liam told me to open it last. I quirked an eyebrow at him and pulled away some tissue paper, revealing a necklace with our wedding anniversary on it and a small heart engraved. I smiled over at him and finally opened the envelope, seeing a card inside.

'My dearest Samantha,

Yes, I know how much you hate being called Samantha, but I'm trying to be romantic. Happy birthday! Even though you say you are starting to look your age, I have to disagree. Now, I'm sorry for making you wait for your present, but it was super important so that Gemma would take a picture of your reaction. So, once you are finished reading this extremely cheesy letter, turn around so you can get your present.

-Liam'

I turned around and Liam was holding out tickets. I hesitantly took them from his hands and my mouth fell open. They were tickets to Coachella. I looked over at Liam to see him with a huge smile on his face.

"Liam Payne, I swear to god, if this is a joke, you are sleeping on the couch for the rest of your life." I threatened and he laughed, shaking his head.

"Nope. We leave next week." I lurched forward and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Oh my god, thank you so much." I breathed out and Liam smiled against my neck, squeezing my waist.

~~~~~~~~~

"Li, do you wanna head home?" I asked and he placed a hand on my upper thigh.

"Yeah, sure." He smiled and we both stood up.

Everyone had already left but we stuck around to get a couple drinks. Liam grabbed my hand after I had straightened out my tight dress and we left the restaurant, going out into the cold air of London. Liam draped his leather jacket over my shoulders and I leaned into him as we walked home. We stayed silent and I smiled to myself, thinking about the past few hours. This has literally been the best birthday.

"Do you remember what happened ten years ago, today?" Liam asked and I laughed, nodding. "I would be quite okay with doing it again."

"I'm sure." I laughed and waited for him to unlock the front door once we were on the porch.

Once the door was opened, we walked inside and I was about to turn the lights on when Liam pressed me up against the closed door. I lightly laughed and he leaned down, pressing his lips to mine, holding my hips against his. Liam deepened the kiss and I wrapped my arms around his neck, letting him lift me up, me instinctively wrapping my legs around his waist.

Liam smiled against my lips and began making his way to the bedroom. Once there, he dropped me onto the bed and threw his shirt to the floor as I tossed off the jacket he had given me. He moved to hover above me and I wrapped a leg around his lower back, above his butt, pulling him down closer to me. Liam smirked and I just kissed him again, tangling my fingers in his hair as he reached up and squeezed my breast through the dress I was wearing.

Liam bunched up the black dress to my stomach and finally got it over my head. I reached up and fumbled with his pant button, eventually getting them down his legs, his boner becoming more prominent in his boxers.

"Good birthday?" Liam asked, making his way down my body and he finally got to the hem of my underwear.

"Great birthday." I confirmed and he smirked, tugging my underwear off my body.