27.

1 year later

"Hey, can you watch her for a minute?" Gemma asked and I nodded, taking Ava from her arms.

I smiled at her, watching as she giggled up at me, and bounced her in my arms. I looked up as someone came to stand in front of me and Liam entered my vision. I offered a small smile and returned my attention to the baby in my arms. I heard tiny footsteps and Nolan ran up, jumping up next to me on the couch.

He leaned up against me and yawned, making me laugh. I guess it was late for him seeing as it was almost midnight. Gemma came and got Ava so I stood up, taking Nolan in my arms. I walked him upstairs and into the boys room of the cabin. I set him in his crib and and watched him fall asleep before I left the room.

I went back downstairs and noticed that the countdown was starting. Everyone stood with their significant others and I just leaned against the kitchen counter, grabbing a beer. I took a sip, watching the clock tick down closer to midnight. Liam caught my eye and I just looked away, crossing my arms protectively over my chest.

Soon enough, everyone wandered off to their own rooms and I buried myself in the covers on the couch. I stared into the dying fire and finished off my beer, lying down. I felt my phone buzz so I pulled it out of my hoodie pocket, sighing at Liam's name on the screen. He sent me one word. 'Library.'

I contemplated going before finally standing up and walking up the stone steps. I pushed through the library door and I almost choked on my breath at the sight in front of me. Liam was standing in the middle of the room with a bunch of candles around the room, a nervous look on his face.

"What is this?" I asked quietly and Liam fiddled with his thumbs.

"I wanted to apologize." He said and I sighed.

"Liam, it's been a year. I really don't want to hear this again." I said, rubbing my eyes and Liam groaned in frustration.

"Just hear me out." He all but begged and I rolled my eyes.

"I have been hearing you out since last year. You hurt me more than you can even imagine and I haven't been able to get over it. Every time we try and make it work, one of us ends up getting hurt. I don't want to keep doing it. Maybe we just shouldn't try anymore." I took a deep breath, trying to keep my composure. "It's so exhausting to keep going through this and I don't want to do it anymore."

"Please." Liam said quietly and I looked up to see a tear fall down his cheek. "I don't want to be without you, Sam."

"Liam," I mumbled, running a hand through my hair.

"I can barely sleep or eat. And the apartment is so lonely and I really miss you." He rambled, occasionally sniffling or getting choked up. "I don't want to be alone anymore."

"I'm sorry." I whispered and my heart practically broke as more tears fell from his brown eyes.

I felt my own eyes water as he started crying and I finally left the library, making my way back downstairs. I paced the living room floor and bit my lip. Don't cry. Don't cry. I wanted so badly to run upstairs and tell Liam that I wanted to get back together too, but I was scared. I don't want to get hurt again.

I looked up from the floor as footsteps came down the stairs and Liam was breathing heavy. He quickly walked up to me and took my face in his hands, leaning down to kiss me. It was fast and I didn't have much time to respond. The kiss was rough and rushed, but I could care less.

I stumbled backwards and we landed on the couch, his hands roaming my body. I ran my hands through his hair and he slipped his hands up my shirt, brushing his thumbs on my skin. I reached up and tugged his shirt over his head and Liam trailed his lips down my jaw, rolling his hips into mine.

"Liam," I gasped and he hummed against my skin. "Library." I panted and he nodded, standing up.

Liam grabbed my hand and we quickly ran up the stairs, shutting the library door behind us. He pushed me up against the wall and lifted me up by my thighs. I wrapped my legs around his waist and he lifted my sweater over my head. He walked over to the couch and dropped me down, smiling down at me.

I pulled him down to kiss me and tugged on his sweatpants, helping him to get them off. Liam yanked off my leggings and I moaned into his mouth when he gripped my hips, grinding his pelvis to mine. Liam slipped his tongue into my mouth and I fumbled with his boxers, finally getting them off. His erection slapped up to his stomach and he toyed with the clasp on my bra, flinging it to the floor.

I let him pull off my underwear and Liam wasted no time slipping into me. I whimpered, not used to the stretch after a year and Liam kissed me, holding my hips. I wrapped my legs around his waist, pulling him in at a deeper angle and he groaned, biting down on my shoulder.

"Liam," I moaned and he smiled against my skin, looking down at me.

"Oh my god, I missed this." He mumbled and I nodded in agreement, tangling my fingers in his short hair.