Ch. 18

::Dan's POV::

When Delilah came back from 'getting some air', she seemed a tad on edge. I flashed a half smile at her, and it seemed to brighten her up a little. But she still seemed off.

While she'd been gone, Pewdiepie and Ryan were trying to decide what to do next. You could tell they had sort of forgotten the gameplay. They were trying to remember.

Delilah returned quietly, standing next to me. It was stupid, but I liked the fact that she chose to stand near me.

"I remember something with an invisible ghost..." Cry muttered, rubbing his hands on his shirt.

"And getting your hand chopped off..." Added Pewdie, copying Cry's hand wiping gesture.

"Excuse me, but did you guys forget that I beat this game too?" Toby asked, sounding slightly upset that no one had bothered to ask him his opinion. Felix and Ryan turned to each other and started laughing. Toby was starting to get mad.

"What's so funny? I'm a gamer, too! I think it's very rude that you two are behaving this way." Tobuscus said snootily, giving off an air that said what he wouldn't; fuck you.

"Toby, Tobster, my man, you know we appreciate you as a youtuber, right?" Cry said kindly, placing a hand on his shoulder. Toby looked less angry.

"Well, yeah." Toby nodded, smiling a bit.

"But you aren't exactly an expert on horror games." Ryan went on. Rage returned to Toby's face. Delilah looked stressed. I twiddled my thumbs.

"WHAT?!" Toby screeched, "I'll have you know, I have just over four million subscribers to Tobygames. I know my videogames, guys."

"We think you're a funny guy, we really do, but at least when it comes to Witch's House, we aren't exactly looking for your input. I mean, it took Pewds six episodes to finish the game, me five, and it took you THIRTEEN. Can't you just accept the fact that you took a while to get the job done?" Cry said condescendingly. Toby looked pissed.

"And you didn't even get all the endings." Pewdie chimed in, making the 'tsk-tsk' motion with his fingers.

"Just because I didn't do it as fast as you guys means nothing. It was only ONE ga-"

"Shut up! Goddamnit, guys. If we don't all trust and respect each other in a non-sarcastic way we are all gonna end up dead. Seriously. We have to be able to rely on each other, so that we can all stay alive. And I swear to god if I die because you guys get in a fight over your YouTube channels, I will come back as a zombie to personally eat all of your faces off!" Delilah interjected, playing peacemaker. I think everyone calmed down.

"I wouldn't mind if you ate my face, hot hot hot." Toby mumbled quietly. She glared at him, smiling. He shrugged.

"Besides, I remember the next part, and the rest of you don't. We gotta take the limbs of the teddy to the invisible chef so she won't chop our hand off and we'll get a silver key to check if the soup in the dining room is poison." After such a long sentence, Delilah caught her breath. Stephano strode over, looking proud.

"I think we have a new leader."