Sleepover

I run up the stairs, pack Darcy a bag, and pull her out of her crib. She rubs her eyes as I run back down the steps. "Fine! If you won't leave, I will!" I yell and run down to my car. My was still tingled and stung as I buckled Darcy into her car seat. 

     'Momma, where we going?" She asked as I crawled in the front. 

     "Uncle Niall's house." I say and shove my keys into the ignition. 

     "Why? It's sleeping time." She says and I don't say anything. I can't just tell her that her daddy just hit mommy. Something he'd never do when he was sober. When I look back at her, she's sound asleep again. 

      "Dammit!" I say and slam my hand on the steering wheel. Damn you Harold!" I say to myself as the tears run down my face. It becomes the cry that takes your breath away, the cry where you fight to breath. I pulled my car off to the shoulder of the road and wipe my eyes. "Breath Mads..." I whisper. I look down at the ring that hasn't left my hand in six years. I'm not about to let it leave now. I nod to myself and get back on the road. I go the rest of the way with steady tears rolling down my face.  I finally pull into Niall's driveway and get out. Slowly, I carry Darcy to the door. I hold her close, her head resting on my shoulder as she sleeps, I ring the door bell. I ring it again in four minutes when there's no answer. Eventually, I hear Niall walking around on the inside and the door slowly open, revealing the blonde Irish boy in his boxers. 

       "Madi?" He says and rubs his eyes. "What are you doing here? It's three AM. Get in here." He steps aside for I can come in.

        "Harry..." I say as I lay Darcy in the recliner and cover her up. 

       Suddenly his eyes widen and he gets closer, only for me to step back. "Did he do that to you?!" He says, almost yelling and I throw a hand over his mouth. He pushes it back down and goes back to a whisper. "That gowl!" He hisses. "The next time I see him he wont be able to have kids." He takes a few deep breathes. 

       "Niall, calm down." I say and rest my hand on his chest. 

      "No! I need to go beat the shit out of him! No one hurts Madi!" He stands over me with his fists clenched. 

      "He was drunk." I state. 

     "And that makes it okay?!" He almost yells again. 

     "No, just leave hi-" I get intruppted again. 

    "You have to get out to get out of there. You need to find someone that actually loves you." He leans over me, my hand in his. 

       "I hav-" I start to say but Niall's lips crash on mine.