Room For Two

I pulled my car up into the garage and got Darcy out. "Remember what I said, don't tell Daddy." I say and follow her into the house. When I set down my stuff I hear footsteps come down the stairs. "No." I said when he opened his mouth."I'm sick off fighting."

"I know, I am too." He says and crosses his arm, followed by a long say. "I don't know what's happening anymore. I mean one minute we're fine the next we hate each other." He's right, we don't really hate each other, we just don't agree and make fights out of it. I love Harry and I hate where this is going but somethings have to happen. The air sat quiet for minutes waiting for one of us to speak. "So?"

"What do you want me to say?" I ask and set my phone on the charger, then turn to the sink.

"Tell me you love me." He responds. I take a deep breathe and look down to the sink.

"I love you I guess." I shrug. Of course I love him. Now it just wasn't as easy to say as when we were nineteen when we'd snog in the car.

"You guess?" He says and I turn around. "So you're not positive?" 

"I don't know..."  I just shake my head. "I do love you. Really." 

"You know what... I'm sorry." He says and turns away from me. 

"For what exactly?" I say and follow him. He takes a seat on the couch and I sit on the arm of the recliner, looking down at him. 

"For everything. I'm sorry for not being careful and getting you pregnant at nineteen. I'm sorry left you to go on tour. I'm sorry I yelled at you." He apologized, actually sound sympathetic. Then his voice changed. "I'm sorry I wasn't enough for you. I'm sorry I loved you enough to take you back after what you did with Zayn. I'm sorry I gave you six miserable years with me." He said and stood back up. "I'm just sorry." 

"These years weren't miserable." I say. "They were amazing..."

"That's what you got out of that...?" He says and shakes his head. "I'm going upstairs. I'll be there if you want to talk." He leaves the room. Just then, the home line rings and I walk over to the kitchen. Barely anyone ever calls this phone anymore. It's usually just business and bills. 

"Hello?" I say and start working on dishes.

"Hi there, this is Jacky from Chase. There as been a large purchase on your Sapphire  card. Are you aware of this?" She asks. "It was for a spa hotel combo room for two costing over seven hundred dollars." My mouth drops a little. "Do you have the mailed notice?" 

"Umm, let me look around here." I say with one breath. I set the phone down and start digging in a pile of mail on the table. Check stubs. Magazines. Not a Chase notice. I go over to the coat rack and dig in my pockets, sometimes if there is only one thing in the mail I lose it in my pocket. I go out to my car and check in the back. When I'm walking to the door I notice a shiny glimmer coming from Harry's passenger seat. I open his door and there it is. The bill notice. I rip open the envelope and run back into the house. "Okay, I found it." I say. 

"Okay, does everything look correct? There should be a copy of the signature at the bottom. Is that your or your husbands?" She says and I  look for it. 

"Yes." I simply say, suddenly angry. A room for two?! Two?!  "Thank you, goodbye." I hang up the phone. I want to scream but I can't. I want to go rat him out but I don't want to fight anymore. I go back out in his Range Rover and start digging around. Under the back seat is a bottle of very expensive perfume. "What the hell Harold?!" I say and dig around some more. Another receipt. 'Two dozen red roses. To Be Delivered.' The last string breaks and I run up the steps to my room and swing open the door. "Are you cheating on me?!"