Ladies First

"Just a girl I met a while ago." He answers and plucks the E string on his guitar, letting it ring. 

      "You met a girl?!" I say shocked and excited. He hasn't had the hots for a girl in a long time! "Who is she?! What does she look like!?" I ask and scoot closer to me. "Niall has the hots!" 

      "She's just a girl!" He blushes and looks down at me.  

    "Well! What does she look like?!" I ask again. 

      "Sorta like you I think." He looks down and plays random chords. 

      "Alright, what kind of hair does she have?" I continue to question him. 

     "Well it's like this." He grabs a piece that is falling in front of my face. "Coco brown." He says and I smile. 

      "How tall is she?" I continue. 

        "Well stand up." He tells me and I listen. When I stand up he looks me up and down and nods. "Maybe your height." He finally says after I sit down. 

        "Is she pretty?" I ask and raise my eyebrow. 

      "Beautiful." He simply says. "And before I forget... would you like to come to the Ed Sheeran show tonight? They're filming his documentary at the show and he asked me to be there and sing. So I'm like, we could sing this." 

      "That sounds lovely, but seriously, who is this girl?!" I beg more. He seriously hasn't said anything about being interested in anyone for a good year! Usually one of us would hear about it!

       "You'll meet her tonight." He says and my mouth drops. "I think she's going." He smiles. 

     We continue to record the song after I calm my excitement over meeting this mystery girl. "So when are we leaving for the concert?" I ask and fix my hair. Niall continues to look at me with smirk. "What?" I smile. 

       "Nothing..." He looks down and locks his guitar case. "Oh, we're leaving straight from here, they'll have an outfit for you there. I think it's a red polkadot dress. Is that okay?" He bites his lip. I nod as he looks back up at me. He's looking at me funny... like, different. I just smile and look away. "Are you ready to go?" 

       "Yeah," I gather my things and follow him out. He steps in front of me and grabs the door handle. 

       "Ladies first." He smiles, tipping his snapback at me. I laugh quietly and we head out to his car. He helps me in the front seat and gets me settled. 

      "Niall, I'm fine." I buckle my seat belt. "Why is the concert so early in the afternoon?" I look down at my watch. It's only noon, and the concerts in an hour. He just shrugs, smiles, and we pull out of the studio.

       When we finally get there, after a hour long car ride, fans are surronding the park Ed is playing at. Niall gets to the gate with his car and the security move the fans. "Thanks so much." He says out the window. "Leave yours up bug." He looks over at me. I can hear the screams through the glass and look out and smile. Everyone was screaming my name or his. It was incredible. I mean I've gotten used to it, but it still amazes me everytime. When we pull up to the back of the park, Niall comes around to my side of the car and opens my door. The screams get louder as I get out with Niall. 

       'Hey guys! Ready for the show?! I'm Excitedd tooo! #LetsGetLoud!' I tweat and the crowd gets crazier. I wave and Niall takes me back to the trailer, the 'dressing room'. 

      "Niall it's adorable." I say as the lady hands me my dress. It's a red cupcake dress, with straps that tie behind my neck. The dress ends at just a little bit above my knees. I hear the music start outside and Ed does his regualr chat with the crowd thing. I look down at my leather watch and I have about twenty minutes until Niall and I go up. I guess I probably should go get ready. I head back to change and when I come out, I spin around in front of the mirror a few times. Niall walks out from behind a curtain in a white button up shirt with a loosered tie that matches my dress. 

       "I love it." He says and fixes my dress. We relax a little bit before a lady with a clip board pops her head in the door. 

      "Five minutes." She says and Niall stands up. 

      "I guess that means we should go." I laugh and follow him out the door. 

      "It does bug." He smiles and walk down a set of stairs that leave us under the stage. "Just stand on this platform." He points at the ground. 

      "Niall, I know. Remember, I went on a world tour last year." I shake my head and grin. "Wait, where's your girl?" 

      "She's here. I can see her now." He looks away from me and I stand on my tippy toes to look around, over the barrier. 

        "How can I tell who she is!" 

        "Shh, we go on now." It really is incredible... Once Ed finished his song the stage gets quiet and somebody throws a guitar at Niall, who catches it by the neck. They run up and hand me a red microphone and slip a headset on Niall. 

      "And One..." the same lady begins. "Two... and three... Whenever you're ready." She smiles and walks off. 

       "You'll do wonderful." Niall mouths and give the thumbs up to the guy working the platform.

    "Oh..oh...oh..."I begin my part as the platform rises. "Remember when we couldn't control ourselves..." 

       "You mean back when we had it all, just you and me..." Niall continues. 

        We finish the song in a rough four minutes. The fans love it. 

        "Well that's out new EP." He smiles and hands his guitar over. "But there is just one thing I have to say." He says and clears his throat.