Nervous Stutter

-Four months later-

      I woke up to the door clicking shut. I've been living with Niall for quite a while now. My divorce has reached some bumpy patches like most do. We're fighting on who gets what. Not like, no you can't have this, but I want you to have this. Harry wants me to have complete custody of Darcy now. Not that he doesn't love her. He thinks he's a horrible father. Harry and I aren't really talking directly to each other quiet yet. Our story is all over the news, like they know our whole life.

      I turn and roll out of bed. When I finally get down the stairs Niall is gone. There's a little note taped to the side of the lamp.

       "Hey love, I will be back a little later. I'm just going to do a little shopping then meet up with the boys. Have a great day. Ni" I put the note back down with his other notes he leaves me. Our relationship hasn't changed much. He still likes me and we're keeping it that way.I still refuse to take it any further until I'm officially divorced. Who knows when that will be.  

     "Mommm, Mommy....mommmmm... mama...mom." I hear Darcy from upstairs on her baby monitor. 

     "I'm coming cookie." I say and run back up the steps. "Good morning sleepy head." 

     "Mornin' momma." She says as I pick her up from her crib. "When we go back to the old house?" 

     "It just a few more months." I say and she starts taking her pajamas off. 

      "Will daddy be there?" She puts her hands above her head as pull her shirt down. 

     "No honey."I explain to her again. I know it's a hard concept for her to understand. All she knows is Harry can't read her bed time stories very often. Niall takes her to see him whenever they have free time at the studio or at Louis' house. She does spend a few nights with him as well. "Would you like to go watch a movie?" I smile as she jumps down off the changing table all by herself. 

     "Pleeeeassee." She begs and runs down the stairs. 

      "Alright, would you like some cereal first?" I ask. 

     "Yeah..." I grab her box off the top of the refrigerator and throw some in a empty bowl for her. "Thank you mommy." She takes it and I turn on her morning TV.  

     "I've got to go do some laundry now." I kiss her head and walk away. Just as I walk past the door Louis barges in. 

     "Madi, you're here... is Darcy here?" He asks in a panic. 

     "Yes.... why?" I nervously stutter and set my cup down. Louis is never this anxious, and he never comes over anymore. 

     "Niall...he was in an accident."