Best Friends

I smirk as he slips his hands up the back of my shirt. "What could it hurt?" He asks and pulls my bra off. 

     "How long have you been waiting for this exact moment?" I ask and he kisses my collar bone. 

     "A while..." He continues and readjust himself. "Is this really happening?" I look down. His eyes have turned to a dark blue now.

     "Wait, wait, wait..." I say and roll out from under him. 

      "For hell's sake Mads, what is it?" he says and sighs.

     "I don't think this can happen..not yet at least." I say pull my shirt back over my head.

     "Seriously...you're done with Harry." He says and sits against the head board.

     "Yes, I know that... but Ni... What if something doesn't work and Harry finds out about this. He'll hate you. We aren't divorced quite yet." I don't look up at him.

     "I won't let him find out." He reaches his hand up to my face. "I don't care if Harry ever hates me now. He hurt you and I'm here to make it better."

      "Niall, enough. I know you're just saying this." I lay back down and sigh.

     "Madison Grace McKay, I love you. If you don't want to take this further I will have to just accept that. I don't want to hurt you in any way. Your wish is my command, okay?" He drops his hand to my leg.

     "Let's just wait to see where things go, maybe it'll work out between the two of us. I know we've had a past together before but I'm married. It just still feels wrong, even though it's over. When I'm officially Madison McKay, we can try again. For now, we're just best friends. Okay?" I explain and pull the sheets up.

     "Okay, I'm sorry. I hope you don't think of me differently." He turns his back to me.

     "Since I found out you have smutty thoughts for me?" I laugh and close my eyes. 

     "Yes...." He shyly speaks. "Now get to sleep." 

     "Don't have smutty dreams of us now...." 

     "I'll try." He chuckles and that was the last thing he said.